Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Exemplar Foundation: Save the Day. Save the World.
Exemplar Foundation: Save the Day. Save the World.
[Image: exemplar-foundation-edm-proto.jpg]

We're here to save the world, not just save the day. We are an independent, non-government, and not-for-profit organization dedicated to charitable and humanitarian causes. We seek to improve the lives of people, no matter where they are. Above all, we strive to be exemplars.

The Exemplar Foundation is open to partnerships with like-minded organizations and individuals who share our mission and values. Together, we can change the world.

Find out more at www.exemplarfoundation.org

Or, alternatively, if you prefer... Acyl, what the hell are you doing? Well, if you've clicked on a base portal on Everlasting/Homecoming recently, you may have noticed that The Legendary is coalitioned with two supergroups. Riot Force, and something called Exemplar Foundation.

Well, that's my project. This was something I wanted to do back in 2012, before the sundown announcement hit and everything went to hell. And yes, I have stubbornly kept the URL for all these years. Because that's a real-live website. If a picture's worth a thousand words, I'm not sure what a faux marketing site is worth, but there you go. For you, though? On the Legendary forums, you get the straight pitch.

The Fantastic Four comics went through a period where the F4 was the Future Foundation. A Baxter Building that was a living, breathing, community, not just the Richards family. Then there's Atomic Robo and Tesladyne. Bruce Wayne runs a charitable foundation. Several, even. DC has STAR Labs too, but...

The Legendary is a Justice League/Avengers style superteam, which is the most basic of superhero team-up groups. And that's cool. But what I've been toying with is something a little different. Call it the idea of... think tank or research group, in a world of costumed superhumans. The charity. The advocacy group. The NGO. The not-for-profit.

Canonically, based on the ask-a-dev Loregasms post-2012, Paragon City University offers various free classes to costumed heroes, but the university explicitly does not provide stuff like powers testing for kids with mutant powers. Hero Corps does all kinds of stuff, but they're for-profit. Freedom Corps and Longbow exist, but the armed Longbow division is now the public face in Paragon and the Rogue Isles.

But there's more to making a difference than facepunching.

Now, of course, City of Heroes is a combat MMO. I know that. All the content is about pew pew and freem. Obviously. I haven't lost my mind. But it's an RP and story concept, yeah?

I'm also, admittedly, using Exemplar Foundation as a bit of an outreach and networking thing. There's already a couple of folks with alts in it who aren't old crew from The Legendary on Virtue. At some point I'll probably open the doors more widely, but for now, you get a look at what I've been up to.

So, here it is. Exemplar Foundation.
RE: Exemplar Foundation: Save the Day. Save the World.
Iiiinteresting. I like it!
Indeed. I could see several of us Legendaries contributing to the foundation indirectly; since as you say we are more of a Justice league style and direct involvement might work against the mission
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
I like. I'll have to dig through my archived costume files and notes and see if there's any of my old toon concepts I could recreate to join.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I'm pretty sure this is more like where Tish Fuego belongs.

Her backstory is homeless trailer park kid and spends most of her time (outside of task forces) helping younger (lowbies) become the best heroes they can be either by inf, fast leveling or zipping around Atlas speed boosting, inertial reduction and incarnate buffing everyone she comes across.

Mainly because sitting still on a Superspeed toon is almost impossible.
So, once again, the website's at http://www.exemplarfoundation.org 

Some updates, though. You know where to find me in-game, as @Acyl, though others like OpMegs, Sofaspud, Valles and Matrix Dragon can also invite to Exemplar Foundation if you're interested in the concept. @TalynDerre isn't a Legendary member, wasn't a Virtue player back in the day, but they can invite as well.

Alternatively, we have a SG Discord at https://discord.gg/EMCmCUQ and an in-game global channel (which I've accidentally spammed some of you with), under /chan_join Foundation

The Discord is probably the best place to get hold of me out-of-game, of course.

[Image: exemplar-edm-discord1.jpg]