Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travel Season
RE: Travel Season
Yeah, sorry about that Labster. At least when you get back from Stockholm it'll probably be a decent temperature again, but I'm offering no promises.

Dutch weather during August tends to come in variants of 'sunny and 30C+ during the day, 20C+ during the night' and 'wet and 25C or so'.
(07-17-2019, 05:19 PM)Mamorien Wrote:
(07-07-2019, 09:44 PM)Mamorien Wrote: My kindly gray-haired mother has informed me that we are getting my dad to Michigan for his 80th birthday (Tuesday fortnight) even if it kills her and him both (a prospect I can't definitively rule out, particularly where he's concerned). The plan is to leave central PA on the 17th, arrive at the lake house on the 19th (in time for my brother's birthday, which falls on Armstrong Day), leave there on the 24th, and presumably get home on the 26th.

Apparently, my announcing my plans in two separate places (here and the official milliways_bar Discord) was enough to call the attention of the diminutive deities (may they break their collective leg). This morning, my dad woke up with pains in his chest and his left arm, in consequich of whence he spent roughly 8am-4:30pm inclusive in hospital. He has a follow-up appointment on Friday, before which we cannot launch.

He was cleared to travel, but the process of packing wore everyone down so much that we didn't launch until Saturday. Arrived at the lake on Sunday, left Friday morning, got home Saturday afternoon. A good time was had by most.
Good to hear you finally made it.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
4 weeks to go and I'm going down the line of things to be sorted. I booked the trip nearly a year ago and had been planning it since long before and it definitely feels like it. I've gotten to the point now where I'm telling clients I WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE for those two weeks. I've had three days off for Worldcon and that's been it since Christmas and I can definitely feel it.

On the plus side, I have the Yen in the safe, JR Passes in the safe and almost paid for, Hotels are all booked, flights have been booked for a year nearly. Everything's tracking right down the line provided the weather holds up. I can't tell if I'm getting anxious or excited

20 days at work to go. 21 actually due to a booking mistake. I'll be fucking glad when it's done. A year's too long to wait.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.