Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon Republican Senators flee the state.
Oregon Republican Senators flee the state.
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/20/polit...index.html

"Send bachelors and come heavily armed. I'm not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon. It's just that simple."

... Whelp.
RE: Oregon Republican Senators flee the state.
My answer to that is simple. You may resign or be resigned.

The Oregon government should greatly consider forcing an election for those Republicans.
It is hilarious how petulant these men are being. "Send bachelors"? Really? Make me wonder just how many Millennials voted for him.
I'd have a little consideration for the Republican position here because a similar tactics have been used by Democrats. It's okay to take a moral stand, even one that will lead to deaths of others.

But "bachelors" guy? Fuck him. Implying that you as an officer of the government are willing to kill a law enforcement officer in your own government for making you go to work at the job you campaigned for? Just fucking resign. Seriously, keep at this GOP, Democrats are going to pick up the law and order portfolio.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(06-21-2019, 03:55 PM)Labster Wrote: I'd have a little consideration for the Republican position here because a similar tactics have been used by Democrats.

Regardless of party, show up and do your damn job!
A thought: If I don't show up for work, I don't get paid. And I'm in the public sector (but not this particular public sector).

Just saying.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
So, it's been a month. Have they retrieved the AWOL senators yet?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
No, they succeeded in their goal.

The proposal was not voted on.
Turned out the proposal was doomed anyway, after Boeing told some Democrats they'd also consider fleeing the state if the laws were passed. It was a big show based around being as big a pack of dicks as possible.