Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
metasong: reverse effect - Turn The Beat Around?
metasong: reverse effect - Turn The Beat Around?
"If you don't start behaving I will turn this beat right around!"

All I have is the joke, really, and the song is old enough Doug may well have already designated an effect or passed it over, but the thought made me chuckle so that's good enough justification for me Big Grin
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: metasong: reverse effect - Turn The Beat Around?
(06-27-2019, 07:13 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: "If you don't start behaving I will turn this beat right around!"

All I have is the joke, really, and the song is old enough Doug may well have already designated an effect or passed it over, but the thought made me chuckle so that's good enough justification for me Big Grin

Does this mean "You Can't Stop the Beat" would be a meta-song letting the effects of the next song continue after the song ends?
It might, rabbit, it might...
--
‎noli esse culus
IIRC the rules don't allow the magical effects of a song continue after it has ended or been cut off. If such an extension effect would be allows I'd expect it to be a matter of 'the effect continues until the cut off song would've originally ended,' which can come with complications when Doug has, say, put Pinball Wizard on extension and then loaded up another combat song, followed by the battle stopping halfway through Pinball Wizard.

So now he still has Pinball Wizard going, and can't stop it, he has to run out the clock. Oops.
I'd figure an extension effect song would have to be played as an interrupt to what it's supposed to extend, and then the effect lasts until the end of the extension song or when it's shut off.
--
‎noli esse culus