Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AN ARMY OF GIANT CRABS IS APPROACHING
AN ARMY OF GIANT CRABS IS APPROACHING
Photo 
ALL WAR-ROCKET PILOTS SCRAMBLE TO YOUR LAUNCH GANTRIES!

REPEAT, AN ARMY OF GIANT CRABS IS APPROACHING!

ALL ROCKET PILOTS TO YOUR LAUNCH GANTRIES!

[Image: p3QLqsul.png]

THE CRABS HAVE BEEN EQUIPPED WITH NEBULITE CUBES, BE CAREFUL OUT THERE GUYS!

So, for the past couple of days I've been working on a board game after discussions on another forum led me to discover https://www.thegamecrafter.com

Well, truthfully I've gotten much further with art for a game board and box than actual rules and gameplay, so I figured I'd turn the "characters" on the front of the box into VTT tokens to try to kick my vague notions of how it should actually play into shape. (And went overboard, naturally, producing a whole rainbow of crabs and rockets rather than the four or five specific colours that will-should-maybe be involved. You mob are a bunch of hoopy froods, so I figured I'd share that much of the wealth at least... though for once I am claiming copyright on the art, rather than releasing it to the wild as such, just to keep all options open. Permission is granted for personal use as printed or virtual tabletop game tokens, but not for any commercial purpose. Have fun, and maybe check out my game if it gets to the point I'm willing to let it be seen in public?

Just to be clear, this is all mouse-art made in GIMP, no 3D models or photos involved aside from peering at the tiny product pictures as references for the shapes of available parts. The name of the game is

[Image: cFwYh5p.png]

Though actually my painted crabs are a lot more impressive than the flat laser-cut acrylic crabs TGC sells Big Grin

I was going to call it "Catching Crabs" but then I thought about it like a HS sophomore and decided that was inviting a little too much innuendo Tongue
--
‎noli esse culus