Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff
RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff
Go on, cross a drama and a comedy.

[Image: __akemi_homura_kyubey_sakaki_and_kaminek...20d207.jpg]

Double-sized copy here (or, presumably, on Twitter, assuming you can see the relevant post).
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Miraculous Ladybug and the True Noir. They're even both set in Paris.
A Song of Ice and Fire and Kancolle.

Because Robert has a ship called the Lady Lyanna.
Saw this fanart of the lead characters of Princess Principal with angel wings (because every pretty girl in anime eventually gets fanart with angel wings), and thought that a Princess Principal / In Nomine crossover just might work.

I'm assuming familiarity with both the anime and the tabletop game here. If you aren't familiar with both of them, SPOILERS!

So, who are they, in celestial terms?

As for their Choirs, they're obviously all Mercurians by a simple process of elimination of all the other choirs. Convince me otherwise. (There's no way that any of them are Seraphim; they're all living a lie.)

Superiors... Let's see... Beatrice is one of Jean's, obviously; she's the tech. Dorothy is one of Eli's, with her out-of-the-box thinking and relaxed attitude to human sexuality compared to everyone else on the team. Chise is, of course, one of Laurence's; with her sword skills, he's the only possible Superior for her. I'm tempted to have Charlotte report to Novalis -- she's very much the social-monster of the team -- but then she'd end up with a lot of dissonance working with the rest of this team. Maybe she fledged under Novalis and changed Superiors somewhere along the line. Possibly to Janus; she did manage, completely accidentally, to steal a place in the line of royal succession, after all. Ange... I don't know, except that Ange's Superior is one of the more pragmatic ones. Maybe Michael?

As for their missions... in canon, they do "caper" stories very well. (Which is another hint that Janus is involved with this team somehow.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Quote:"Why are you panicking?"

"Emiya Kiritsugu just checked in to the Osaka Continental."

Shortly before the Fourth Holy Grail War, with some temporal fudge-factor assigned to make the timelines line up, Emiya Kiritsugu and his party are waiting for their residence near Fuyuki to be ready. Taking advantage of the promised neutrality ("No business may be conducted on Continental grounds"), they've checked in to the Osaka Continental to enjoy the wait.

In comes Kerry's old 'friend', John Wick.

And a lot of people who say the High Table wants John and anyone even remotely associated with him dead.

To Artoria Pendragon, the situation is simple: She's a guest, her host is under attack, she is obligated to come to their defense.

The High Table are aware of Emiya Kiritsugu and the Moonlight World in general. They have dealt with mages before.

They were not prepared for Heroic Spirit level shenanigans.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
... yeah, I would read the hell out of that, despite having mostky cooled off on Fate/whichever and only knowing John Wick's name from the internet. Do it! Do it, for the memes!
--
‎noli esse culus
The International Ninja League must band together to fight an insidious enemy who is trying to destroy their reputation.

Glorious Godfrey Ho.
(12-14-2023, 12:10 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: ... yeah, I would read the hell out of that, despite having mostky cooled off on Fate/whichever and only knowing John Wick's name from the internet. Do it! Do it, for the memes!

for extra fun shenanigans, Kayneth El-Melloi. Sola-ui, and Lancer are also staying there, for much the same reasons. Diarmuid shares Artoria's views on hospitality and reacts in much the same way....
Sucrose Octanitrate.

An idea from this week's My Apartment Manager is not an Isekai Character writers' chat:

We've secretly replaced Ray Stanz with Rei Hino.

Yes, this is a "Should Be" - she already has the ability to banish spirits, so she'd make a good Ghostbuster.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
One of the most popular Wild Mass Guesses over on the tropes wikis is that such-and-such a character is a Time Lord. Time for a Sailor Senshi to get in on that action. Of course, she has to be smart, and she has to dislike violence, and she has to be able to pull off the anachronistic outfit...
[Image: __mizuno_ami_luna_the_doctor_and_fourtee...75ab06.jpg]
Larger copy of the image here
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(01-10-2024, 08:44 PM)robkelk Wrote: One of the most popular Wild Mass Guesses over on the tropes wikis is that such-and-such a character is a Time Lord. Time for a Sailor Senshi to get in on that action. Of course, she has to be smart, and she has to dislike violence, and she has to be able to pull off the anachronistic outfit...

...Ignoring the Senshi of Time.. ;-)
(01-11-2024, 06:43 PM)Vulpis Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 08:44 PM)robkelk Wrote: One of the most popular Wild Mass Guesses over on the tropes wikis is that such-and-such a character is a Time Lord. Time for a Sailor Senshi to get in on that action. Of course, she has to be smart, and she has to dislike violence, and she has to be able to pull off the anachronistic outfit...

...Ignoring the Senshi of Time.. ;-)

Oh, everybody knows that Set-Susan is the Doctor's granddaughter... <g>
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Ace Combat/Area 88/Iron Eagle/Project Wingman/Top Gun/Yukikaze.

I don't know about you, but I, for one, would certainly NOT want to go up against a squadron consisting of the protagonists of these works! Exclamation
Or the antagonists.

Sure, they get their asses kicked eventually, but if you are not a protagonist you are fodder.
(01-27-2024, 09:11 PM)hazard Wrote: Or the antagonists.

Sure, they get their asses kicked eventually, but if you are not a protagonist you are fodder.

A furball between those two groups would be the stuff of LEGENDS!
He was in an armchair. It was not what he expected.

A lamp lit the chair, the light just indirect enough not blind him. Another chair was facing him, lit the same way.

Just loud enough not to suggest stealth, a middle-aged man crossed the carpet into view. "Drink?" he offered amiably.

"I... should be dead."

"You are." The sound of crystal class. "Drink?" he offered again, unphased. "I'm having one."

"Bourbon," he requested. "This is...?"

The man, his host - he was too comfortable here for this not to be his space - handed him a glass before taking the opposite seat. "Hell."

"Ah." Well, that made sense. He sipped from the glass and grimaced. It was dreadful.

"Hell," the man repeated apologetically. He was middle-aged, balding. Didn't look dangerous... except around the eyes. "We don't get good things here."

He exhaled slowly. "I expected..."

"Nothing?" A shake of the head. "That would be almost as kind to you as a reunification with your wife. Who is, I assure you, in a better place. I hope that that offers some solace."

A little. He threw back the rest of the glass. It was no better this time, but even bad bourbon was still bourbon. "What do you want?"

His host reached into the pocket of his jacket and pulled out a handful of gold coins, stacking them one by one on the table by his chair. Each coin clinked into the neat stack one by one, letting him count them without even looking.

Twelve coins, with an imprint that he didn't need to see to recognise. "I'm not that man, any more."

There was a pause. "These are not your payment. They are your... starting budget. Use them, or do not. The choice is yours, just as every choice that brought you here was." He snapped his fingers and a blind snapped open, revealing a glittering neon city-scape through a window, the slats of the blind carving dark lines across the bright lights.

"I expected more... fire."

"Hell is made by people." The man sipped from his own glass without any sign of distaste at whatever was in it. "In this case, people who place ambition above any morality. You can make it better or make it worse." He smiled thinly. "Welcome to Night City, Mr Wick. I hope you're ready for it."

John Wick picked up the coins and let them slide into his own jacket pocket. Then he turned and walked out the door that he knew was behind him, never looking back.

"'Be seeing you," the man in the chair said before the door clicked closed.
John Wick in Cyberpunk? (possibly a Hazbin Hotel version of Cyberpunk...) Well that's not going to end well for anyone who's less than four walls away.
--
‎noli esse culus
I could do something with that.
SEZ
BZG
(02-01-2024, 03:55 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: John Wick in Cyberpunk? (possibly a Hazbin Hotel version of Cyberpunk...) Well that's not going to end well for anyone who's less than four walls away.

Didn't they already do that? He hired...a PC. :-)
I don't recall whether I posted this here or on the SJGames forums, back when we could discuss In Nomine there without running afoul of Think of the Advertisers...

Angelic Lawyer is a courtroom drama series that follows Misaki Suzuhara, Mercurian of Dominic, in her Role as a public defender.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
[Image: 9He97GX.jpg]
[Image: __kawasaki_raimu_and_the_stig_bakuon_and...b7117b.jpg]

Sauce
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(03-20-2024, 10:03 AM)robkelk Wrote: [Image: __kawasaki_raimu_and_the_stig_bakuon_and...b7117b.jpg]

Sauce

"... all we know is, she's the Stig's magical-girl cousin."
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Well, you know what Tomo said... <grin>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....