Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff
RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff
God this is HILARIOUS.

I just told my brothers about this.  At first, they thought I meant another Kevin, but....

Me: "No, not that one.  Home Alone."
Brothers: "......... oh fuck."
Hero Union BBS and JK Haru.

JK Haru is pretty much the kind of messed up situation that the Hero Union exists to solve. However, the social problems are not a situation that can be solved by violence, They don't know which Earth series world Haru and Chiba came from and Forced Return doesn't work on Truck based summonings. And Haru is not a helpless damsel to be rescued by a man swooping in to save her. . . .
I was just thinking about the idea that if Nadia of the Blue Water was a performer in Paris in the 1880s, she surely would have seen Sarah Bernhardt in action.

I'm not really sure this is a crossover that should be -- I'm not sure it's even technically a crossover. But I got that feeling of "oh, these unrelated ideas actually connect!" So I felt like posting it, well, somewhere. I suppose that's what James Burke feels like every day, though.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Doug Sangnoir shows up at Hogwarts.

"But, Rob, not only is that a Should Be, it's an Already Is."

You didn't let me finish. Instead of this being written by Bob Schroeck, let's let Eliezer Yudkowsky write it.

Harry Potter and the Methods of Irrationality
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
According to Pops, Anything Goes Martial Arts is about adapting any situation to your advantage. After our visit to that Cursed "Training Grounds" I am willing to admit that he may have been right. Most people when they hear that you fell in to the spring of the "Drowned Little Girl" would think that you turn in to a child. Definitely not the case here.
At my size, you need to look for the things that people never miss that they are missing. A cracker here, a pin there, even a bit of trash like a gum wrapper, can be useful.

But when you turn into something small, or large with just a touch of water, a friend you can trust is a Big issue.

Borrowing clothes: Ranma's Little adventures....

Ranma 1/2, Borrowers (World of Arriety)
Pretty Guardian of the Galaxy Sailor Moon.
(11-05-2019, 09:28 AM)Tennie Wrote: Pretty Guardian of the Galaxy Sailor Moon.
Pretty Guardian of the Universe Sailor Oa
(11-05-2019, 09:28 AM)Tennie Wrote: Pretty Guardian of the Galaxy Sailor Moon.

And it might just be what I'm doing in DWS, but I can totally see Usagi rocking out with the walkman full of 80s hits.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Pretty Master of the Universe Sailor Moon, guest-starring Tuxedo He-Man.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Pretty Gundam Seifuku Noble is already a real thing in Mobile Fighter G Gundam if not quite by that name. It even comes complete with a big bow and long blonde hair, and fights with a ribbon.
--
‎noli esse culus
(11-05-2019, 07:48 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: Pretty Gundam Seifuku Noble is already a real thing in Mobile Fighter G Gundam if not quite by that name. It even comes complete with a big bow and long blonde hair, and fights with a ribbon.

Isn't that the model that includes... umm...  "Chest" missiles?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
I've never seen more than a few clips and AMVs from G Gundam and it's my favourite out of the franchise in general, so I couldn't really say. It's not like there isn't a long and storied tradition of female-styled mecha with breast missiles, though.
--
‎noli esse culus
(11-06-2019, 12:47 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: It's not like there isn't a long and storied tradition of female-styled mecha with breast missiles, though.

I think only "Rocket FIST (or PUNCH)" is more universal, CD.
NO QUARTER!

Is it just me or does a crossover between SG-1, and Japari Park sound fascinating?
Ranma 1/2 crossovers may be out of fashion these years, but I think it would fit together quite well with Dresden Files, though some of the later feats (any time "a mountain sorta vanished, but it ain't my fault!" frex) are a little high-end, and I'd bet the Amazons are very much at odds with the White Council over their fondness for mind control and body modifying magic. At the same time, they've got multiple people capable of those high-end feats and your average tribeswoman is going to at least hold her own with a Warden, let alone Cologne and her peers, so those arrogant youngsters on the White Council can suck it up and respect their elders.
--
‎noli esse culus
"Let those who hide there their sins in the dark beware, for who knows what evils lurks in the hearts of men? ... The Shadow knows.
"Let one whose heart was trapped in darkness, hunt those who hide in shadowed spaces, and bring their deeds to the light of Justice. ... The Shadow's Stalker.

What if Early in her career as a Cape, Sophia Hess had an encounter with Old man Lamont.
How about a Retelling of Ali Ba-ba and the 40 thieves?
By the Wayan Brothers?

Big daddy and the forty Bro's...
Sophia with her head straightened out and set on a truly heroic path by a mentor from the pre-Scion, Mystery Men era? I would read that so hard, not just for the novelty of a very different take on her but to see how a world with existing, if hidden, supernatural powers other than Entity Shards would affect things.
--
‎noli esse culus
DAGGONIT CD. I have too frackin many stories bouncing about in my head demanding to be told to add that one.
NO QUARTER!

"In Soviet Russia, Hulk get smashed!"

For both meanings of "get smashed", of course.

But I have no idea where to go with this, so... plotbunny, free to a good home.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
This sounds an awful lot like one of the bacon comic mini's over at epu. basicly Skuld realizes she made an error when she made Banner's lens, and quite a bit of it deals with Hulk and Bruce coming to terms with being two people in the same body

Ah. here it is:
http://www.eyrie-productions.com/Forum/d...CForumID24

Especially works if you replace Soviet union with Svarthelm
NO QUARTER!

Svarthelm? ... Now I'm reminded of one of the 80s Marvel movies, I think for Thor, but featuring the Bill Bixby Hulk. Thor was convinced Hulk was a troll at first, with the usual hero-fight consequences, but then plot happened and they were forced to work together, who'd'a thunk it? Wink Then at the end there was a line something like "You're a great warrior when your troll is upon you!" 'Cause Thor gonna Thor, I suppose, even before that phrasing was a meme.
--
‎noli esse culus
(02-16-2020, 11:15 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: Svarthelm? ... Now I'm reminded of one of the 80s Marvel movies, I think for Thor, but featuring the Bill Bixby Hulk. Thor was convinced Hulk was a troll at first, with the usual hero-fight consequences, but then plot happened and they were forced to work together, who'd'a thunk it? Wink Then at the end there was a line something like "You're a great warrior when your troll is upon you!" 'Cause Thor gonna Thor, I suppose, even before that phrasing was a meme.

It was "The Incredible Hulk Returns"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incred...lk_Returns

And yeah, Thor gonna Thor.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Talking in the Fic Requesty/Plotbunnies Thread planted an idea in my head.

Take the ensemble cast from the end of FFVII Advent Children.

Not only our merry band of heroes.

But also Rufus Shinra and his Turks.

And freakin' Sephiroth and Genova.

Maybe even Hojo as well.

And drop them in right at the start of RWBY.

Why?

Because the two God-Brothers somehow caught wind of what Salem has been up to and decided to give her something else to keep her occupied.  Including Sephiroth and Genova was the idea of the God of Destruction and the God of Creation was like, "Sure, why the hell not?  They could use something a little different after nothing but Grimm all this time."

Fun idea: Zack and Aerith are around too, but are trying very hard to not get involved because one apocalyptic plot was enough, thank you very much!
Just for S&G let's swap Shinji Ikari's Uncle, and Aunt, with Lupin III, and Fujiko, and see if Section 2 can even keep up with the boy afterwards. Meanwhile Gendo is wondering how some one steals a 30 tall, purple, bio-mechanical, robot with out people noticing.