Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff
RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff
(11-22-2019, 12:16 PM)itsune9tl Wrote: Is it just me or does a crossover between SG-1, and Japari Park sound fascinating?

I'd watch it.  By the end of the season, Sam Carter would build a sandstar bomb to use against the current enemy.  Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

I had a more peaceful scenario in mind: I'd like to think that in one of the shoreline zones of Japari Park, Cafe Alpha serves the few Friends who know where to find it.

itsune9tl Wrote:Just for S&G let's swap Shinji Ikari's Uncle, and Aunt, with Lupin III, and Fujiko, and see if Section 2 can even keep up with the boy afterwards. Meanwhile Gendo is wondering how some one steals a 30 tall, purple, bio-mechanical, robot with out people noticing.

Are you sure you have the right thread? Tongue  Zenigata pacing through the Geo Front would definitely be worth it, though.  And barging into a SEELE meeting.  And realizing that there's a bigger crime going on here than Lupin's theft.   Actually... that was probably Lupin's plan all along.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(03-08-2020, 05:24 AM)Labster Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 12:16 PM)itsune9tl Wrote: Is it just me or does a crossover between SG-1, and Japari Park sound fascinating?

I'd watch it.  By the end of the season, Sam Carter would build a sandstar bomb to use against the current enemy.  Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

I had a more peaceful scenario in mind: I'd like to think that in one of the shoreline zones of Japari Park, Cafe Alpha serves the few Friends who know where to find it.

I've never actually read YKK and I'd be up for that. Two Seiun-winning series combined? Even if it fails, it's likely to fail beautifully.

Back to what Brent Wrote:
itsune9tl Wrote:Just for S&G let's swap Shinji Ikari's Uncle, and Aunt, with Lupin III, and Fujiko, and see if Section 2 can even keep up with the boy afterwards. Meanwhile Gendo is wondering how some one steals a 30 tall, purple, bio-mechanical, robot with out people noticing.

Are you sure you have the right thread? Tongue  Zenigata pacing through the Geo Front would definitely be worth it, though.  And barging into a SEELE meeting.  And realizing that there's a bigger crime going on here than Lupin's theft.   Actually... that was probably Lupin's plan all along.

I would be thoroughly unsurprised.
yeah, but the look on Zenigata's face when Lupin saves his ass would be epic
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Cue the ending chase sequence with Lupin in Unit 01, and Zenigata chasing in Jet Alone, right before it breaks down.

(03-08-2020, 04:22 PM)Mamorien Wrote:
(03-08-2020, 05:24 AM)Labster Wrote: I had a more peaceful scenario in mind: I'd like to think that in one of the shoreline zones of Japari Park, Cafe Alpha serves the few Friends who know where to find it.

I've never actually read YKK and I'd be up for that. Two Seiun-winning series combined? Even if it fails, it's likely to fail beautifully.

Oh Gosh, I think I have the beginning of a story here:

Quote:"Why don't you come with us, Alpha-chan?" Kaban implored.  "You'd be really helpful in navigating the outside world."

The green-haired woman looked down wistfully at her tea.  "I doubt I know it that much any more.  So much has changed.  And I wouldn't want to leave the cafe all alone, and let my customers down."

From Kaban's wrist, Lucky commented, "Concessionaire Hatsuheno Alpha has accrued 13,316 vacation days at present."

And when you do read Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, read it slowly.  Take a minute per page, even if there are only two text-free panels there.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
This is a completely bonkers idea that just popped into my head:

* During the summer of 1991 when Sailor V is active in London, a mission goes wrong which will take Minako out of commission for at least a couple of months.
* She meets Hermione Granger in London and both her and Artemis sense her magic.
* All three meet and decide to temporarily empower Hermione with the mantle of Venus, until Minako can go back.
* This would happen just before she attends her first year at Hogwarts.
* That experience is why she was sorted in Gryffindor instead of Ravenclaw.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Mm. I like.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I can dig it. I'd expect a very different Hermione to come out of that, though, having already had some direct lessons in practical world-saving and the general lack of respect for appeals to authority exhibited by combat situations and and those that bring them about.

Very much a "But there are more important things - friendship and bravery and love!" Hermione, though. And one who wouldn't chicken out of saying the last one.
--
‎noli esse culus
Wish I had the skill to write it

If anyone wants to run with the idea, feel free.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Harry Dresden's Blue Beetle is in the shop for Repairs. He gets a certain Cream colored VW racer with the Number 53 as a loaner, in "Hands Off the Wheel Bub'"
Alternately, after Archaeologist Don Garret died under mysterious circumstances, Harry Dresden is called in to consult on whether his various supposedly mystical relics were actually magical and dangerous. Not overly bothered by his techbane field but predicting it will interfere with attempts by its alien masters to reinstate full control, the Reach scarab he had recovered in 1929 bonds to Dresden as the new Blue Beetle.

Lash probably disapproves, despite agreeing with many of Khaji-da's violent suggestions. Harry just sighs and reminds them both that it isn't a democracy and they don't outvote him. Another voice only he can hear; just what he needed, right? How the magical community of Earth (and adjacent realms) will respond to an invasion from outer space is the real question.
--
‎noli esse culus
No description, just a title: Blue Beetlejuice
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Just for general hi-jinks, and hilarity, let's mix the Wacky Racers into the lineup of contestants for the Gumball Rally.
What if Harry Dresden got hired as a "Consultant" for the Ghost Busters (1975 version)?  I think Mab would invest just for the entertainment value.
Uh Itsune, Ghostbusters was made in 1984
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

No, watch the linked video, there was a live action (low budget) TV series called Ghostbusters which is what Itsune is referring to.  There was cartoon remake after the Movie came out as well to cash in on the name

The famous movies could use the name freely because, wel,l they were movies instead of a TV show, but there was a reason that the cartoon based on the movies was titled "The Real Ghostbusters"

(03-22-2020, 06:24 PM)Rajvik Wrote: Uh Itsune, Ghostbusters was made in 1984
Now you got me wondering if you actually googled "Ghostbusters 1975".
When I watched it it was part of the Banana Splits' Comedy hour (actually 2 1/2 hours...), along with Gulliver's travels, an animated version of Huckleberry Finn, and Danger Island.
It riffed the Mission Impossibles Opening end-quote "This Message will self destruct..."
Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor and his wife are now dealing with Empty Nest Syndrome,
Al Borlen has just been graced with his nephew Dennis Mitchell for the summer and rented the house two doors down from Tim's.
It all comes to a head in this summer's newest comedy series:

"HEY MISTER WILSON"
Currently writing BROBd

What if we secretly replaced the engine room, and bridge of the School Ship Ooarai Girls Academy (GuP) with a semi-retired mark XXXIV BOLO and it's Commander. The Girls just thought it was just the Ship that was being decommissioned, in  "In Service to the Academy".
Clearly, the BOLO's commander is the president of the school's student club.
(03-31-2020, 07:17 AM)hazard Wrote: Clearly, the BOLO's commander is the president of the school's student club.

What, Anzu Kadotani ? The girl who does nothing but eat all the time (except when things get serious)?

Actually, that could work. It would explain why the BOLO is lying low - (s)he's taking after the commander.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I'd expect that being the commander of an actual Bolo would tend to make normal tanks, let alone day to day troubles, look like nothing to get too worked up over. When they "get serious" by those terms you can start paying attention, but anything short of requiring strategic weaponry to address is basically just a hobby to fill time and keep the rust off.
--
‎noli esse culus
The thing is, if a Bolo is running at least the Ship side of things, it probably wouldn't be in danger of the ship being decommissioned due to maintenance costs. it would possibly running an investment account as a form of practical economic warfare/infiltration/intelligence/exercise.

Maybe the original reason the Tankery clubs shut down was a means of misdirection.
In other word, they were lighting a fire under their asses? Cruel, but I could see it still. Not exactly top-form for the Dinochrome Brigade, though.
(04-01-2020, 09:38 AM)itsune9tl Wrote: The thing is, if a Bolo is running at least the Ship side of things, it probably wouldn't be in danger of the ship being decommissioned due to maintenance costs. it would possibly running an investment account as a form of practical economic warfare/infiltration/intelligence/exercise.

Maybe the original reason the Tankery clubs shut down was a means of misdirection.

Not misdirection, but an audition.  To find a new Commander.  Congratulations, Miho-chan; you've just been promoted.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
(04-03-2020, 05:57 AM)DHBirr Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 09:38 AM)itsune9tl Wrote: The thing is, if a Bolo is running at least the Ship side of things, it probably wouldn't be in danger of the ship being decommissioned due to maintenance costs. it would possibly running an investment account as a form of practical economic warfare/infiltration/intelligence/exercise.

Not misdirection, but an audition.  To find a new Commander.  Congratulations, Miho-chan; you've just been promoted.
I have always really wished someone wrote a BOLO/Anne McCafferty's Brain & Brawn Ships Cross

I guess MC's stuff is off limits for Fanfiction