Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff
RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff
The interesting thing about Greed is that he's pretty much the living incarnation of "The real treasure is the friends you make along the way".
(03-20-2021, 03:54 AM)Jinx999 Wrote: The interesting thing about Greed is that he's pretty much the living incarnation of "The real treasure is the friends you make along the way".

Or at least the ones that you keep Gluttony from eating.
Hamefura and Tales of the Five Hundred Kingdoms.

Someone here . . . has broken the Tradition!
Oddly enough there Still is no worms, WormVerse Crossovers. ...

So What if Taylor Hebret came out of the Locker with a Master/summons of a fire team of Human sized Sentient Annelids With Some Stupidly Over powered, silly Weaponry?
Will she Feed Lung a Sheep, an old lady, Or just Simply Poke him into a Land mine?
In Warhammer 40,000, the Imperium is a brutal and ruthless tyranny.

Tzeentch is the chaos god of sorcery, cunning plans and cunning plans going horribly wrong.

Khorne is the god of bloothirst and battle.

They hate each other. They really really hate each other.

So, how does a little girl end up favoured by both, even when loyally working for the Imperium and despising them?

The Saga of Tanya the Heretic.
I ran into it on Spacebattles. It's only one chapter so I can't recommend it as a story yet, but the idea is gold.

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/...ra.933949/

It's a crossover between ASoIaF and Hamefura. With Bakarina inserted into one of the most despised female characters in all fiction.
Katarina Fou Claes is on the horns of a dilemma. There's this guy at school - he ran a stall with actual festival food at the festival, not high-class treats. He invited her to a tea party. He seems interested in her farming. Her heart... is it going doki-doki? Is this love? What should she do about this?

Meanwhile, Leon Fou Bartford is regretting that the perfect girl for him is a duke's daughter, and therefore out of reach. She's pretty, with a large chest. She's interested in romance novels (cheap), and farming! She eats treats, but she never complains about them or demands expensive alternatives. She's nice to people! Of course, she's also engaged to Gerald Rafa Stuart, the crown prince's first cousin... the fact is, she's just too high spec for a mob like Leon.

Katarina: "Of course I can pilot a giant robot! It's in my blood!" (because she's japanese, although her father thinks she's referring to him.)

Mary: "But that means Katarina-sama wearing a skin-tight piloting suit, how..." (faints from over-stimulated imagination before she can say 'scandalous')

Hamefura/OtomeMob
Dr Frank'n'Furter - Slaaneshi cultist.
Tanya Degurechaff meets Captain Edward Blackadder
For once, I'm throwing out an idea that I think should be, instead of some twisted and tortured thing that shouldn't:

What if the Milwaukee Malphs -- the family of Ralph Malph from Happy Days -- is a squib branch of the Malfoy family exiled to the States as much for being redheads as for being squibs? And in the early 1990s Ralph's grandson displays magic and gets an invite to attend Hogwarts with his distant cousin Draco...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
BMX Bandit and Angel Summoner meet Caped Baldy.
Mumen Rider should be there too, I think. For symmetry.
--
‎noli esse culus
Not necessarily a crossover in a "traditional" sense, but regardless:

We've given Ask Ketchum (the Pokemon anime) the personality of Ash Williams (the Evil Dead series). Let's see what happens next...
"Good, bad; I'm the one with the Pokéball"
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(I was going to post this in "Should Not Be", but I realized what a terrible mistake that would have been just in time.)

Fate/stay night? Sorry, wrong magical girl:

[Image: __artoria_pendragon_saber_and_takamachi_...4e0967.png]

(Larger version(s) here)

EDIT: And here's the archer she has to go up against.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Sailor Moon/One-Punch Man.  Call it One-Punch Moon. Big Grin
Brings a new meaning to the nickname "meatball-head" for sure...
--
‎noli esse culus
Paper Mario/Sailor Moon = "It's Only a Paper Moon"
[Image: b5228ef5d2e5dcfef9d655e30418f886c2411ffa.png]
So it's:

- F/SN's Shirou Emiya
- A Certain Magical Index's Kamijou Touma
- Bakemonogatari's Koyomi Araragi

I've had some ideas kicking around in my head for the past few months about how to cross over the worlds of these three spiky-haired teenage heroes of justice drawn into various urban-fantastic realms. But I wanna hear from you folks: how would you do it?
You've got a mage, an anti-mage, and a not-vampire.

Haruhi Suzumiya might be interested in them. (And doesn't Kyon have spiky bangs?)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown

The M-Files...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Codename:  Benders Next Door

-- Bob

The leader of a successful resistance force on one planet is summoned to lead a resistance force on a nearby planet in John Connor of Mars.

(Terminator/John Carter of Mars)
(12-28-2021, 09:24 AM)Tennie Wrote: The leader of a successful resistance force on one planet is summoned to lead a resistance force on a nearby planet in John Connor of Mars.

(Terminator/John Carter*** of Mars)

That is sooooo tempting to take a swing at.
SEZ
BZG
Girls und Panzer has Chi-Hatan Academy, which is pretty much "Taisho-era Japan". So... "Girls und Kobu", anyone?

[Image: __nishi_kinuyo_and_shinguuji_sakura_girl...5958ed.jpg]

(Image reduced to one-third size - original here.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown