Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Sailor Cosmos isn't Usagi's descendant per se, she's Usagi's reincarnation.  In the same way that Eriol Hiiragizawa and Fujitaka Kinomoto are the same person as Clow Reed.  At least that's how I interpret it -- it's also possible that she is Usagi herself, or Chibiusa.  But well, the manga had a theme of death and rebirth, and how destruction would always exist when life existed.  It's most poetic when you extend that out in cycles on cycles -- the Silver Millennium to the modern day to Crystal Tokyo to whatever age lies beyond -- an age that Cosmos implies could end if she fails in her own mission.

It's highly unlikely that she's in the Metacontinuity unless she's coming directly from the manga continuity, where um, everyone died.  Well, except Naru and Umino and all the NPCs.  Oh, uh, spoilers.  But on the other hand, anyone that could be a threat to Sailor Cosmos would be a threat to anyone in our setting.  You know, like Azathoth-tier threats.  Might be interesting, but hold on to your SAN points.

And it might set up a Kikyou/Kagome dynamic over Mamo-chan.  I always loved that dynamic in Inuyasha, a tsundere quarreling with a past incarnation/tsundere over the same guy.  Girls, you're the same person, you're jealous over yourself!

On the other hand, finding Kinmokusei should be an early goal for spacefarers if for no other reason than because the planet's name is the best pun ever because delicious sailor traps it would be a good source of allies, and a neat place to write out another culture.

I've only shared this with a couple people before, but this is a little scene I wrote a five years back, set after the end of the Sailor Moon manga.  Sorry in advance for the tears.

"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 09-24-2019, 01:42 AM