Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
I can get Kagura out of the water, easy peasy.  Any kind of competition will do it, so how about a costume competition?  But the "mermaids" thing is your idea so I was hoping you'd write it.

In terms of things that I'm also not writing, I think I'm done on these three sections: Party Prep, Samhain, and Next Day.  I might edit things together there, but I'm basically out of ideas.  I still have some things to do in Acts II and III -- some of them in super-obvious yellow.  But for everywhere else: See the blanks in there?  I'm expecting you to write it.

In Act I, sending the invitations and setting up the decorations, I don't have a good idea what to write.  (Best I could come up with: "Is it a Buffy Halloween party?"  "Why does everyone ask that question?")  We need a strong intro here because right now the entire first act feels disjointed.  So maybe Ben, or perhaps our adjunct writers could take a stab here.  Rob, linking text between some of your sections might help the flow.

Act II primarily needs input from me, but a little help wouldn't hurt.  Describing a typical NPC house near Olmos Park might be helpful for me, if someone lives near the area, hint hint.  But I can always Google Maps research.

Act III is actually pretty sparse considering it's the main point of the story.  I don't have much to add here, as most of my ideas have been used up.  (Unless someone is thinks a Kero-chan as Pikachu versus Arf fight would be timing appropriate.)  But there are some unwritten ideas from others here that I could write, like having a costume contest.  Rob needs to finish a battle scene.  Ben needs to write more about his residents and give them some costumes, please.  Dartz, can you get us something like a playlist -- 5 songs would be enough for flavor.  A description of the stage and who's watching would be even better.

Act IV (which is just a header and part of III dramatically) needs someone who drinks alcohol to write a description of a people drinking themselves under the table.  We have an open idea for a night with a 33 Star, if anyone wants to touch that sort of drama. And I should really read it better, I haven't done a single editing pass here.

Act V is all the way ready, and has been for months.  Already made a minor change that is still a con, not a retcon.  Moving on.

Act VI is actually pretty solid I think.  But it's entirely Rob's and my writing, and heavily into mine.  If anyone else wants to show their characters doing things, add it.

We're on a deadline here, people.  Let's step up the game!  To Infinity, and Beyond!
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 10-12-2019, 01:16 AM