Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
FYI, I just imported what we have of the Halloween Party into Scriviner earlier this evening. Right now, I'm just busy seperating it all out into chapters and scenes so its easier for me to see where the gaps are and where things need to be filled in.

I'll try and keep an eye on the wiki page so I can incorporate new bits into the copy I have in Scriviner.

ADDENDUM:
I just had an interesting idea for HILtQWaLtGS... (god damn, even abbreviated it's a mouthful!)

During the Halloween party, Benjamin is promised by Jareth that, if Ben wishes for it, a child under his protection can be wished away to the Goblin King so they'd be safe from any and all harm... And because of Ben's intentions, he'd be able to retrieve the child without issue afterwards. It is Jareth's way of thanking him for his help with Sara. (We'll just say that Ben's advice is working quite well - Sara is still quite angry, but she has accepted Jareth's apology.)

Benjamin and the others need to draw out the Wolkenritter - and, if possible, the Book of Darkness, too. A daring plan is hatched that involves using Alicia and Fate as live bait... Only for Benjamin to call upon Jareth to take Alicia away to safety. Imagine the looks on the faces of the Wolkenritter when this gigantic barn owl swoops in from nowhere and turns into Jareth - and they are completely powerless against him because his wild magic disrupts and disperses their carefully ordered spells.

"You peons are free to attempt to retrieve her from me. But rest assured, my Labyrinth does not take kindly to those who intend to harm children. And even if you do, by some miracle, manage to make it through alive... you will still have me to contend with. So please. Do come if you dare. It will be the last foolish decision you ever make!"

So.... Whatcha guys think?

ADDENDUM THE SECOND:

Thoughts about how the Halloween Party gets incepted. Rather than go through the trouble of writing up a whole bunch of stuff that would just be empty fillers that are known to kill expositions, how about this instead: I do the story of the arrival of Mamoru, Chibi-Usa, Luna, Artemis, and Diana... and that story will end with the hook for the Halloween Party Story. Kinda like, "You know, guys, I got this great idea for surprising Usagi. Christmas is a bit far out to keep this under our hats, so Halloween will have to do..."

Having the hook be in a preceding story lets us cut back a bit on the exposition, so we can just jump straight into everyone prepping for the party. Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 10-14-2019, 12:18 AM