Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(10-14-2019, 06:54 PM)Labster Wrote: Taking the Wolkenritter into the Labyrinth really cool to me!  But I seriously need to watch Labyrinth again.

Glad that you like it!  Smile

Now that I'm thinking of it, the Alicia-Witch might just be unhinged enough to actually send the Wolkenritter after Alicia... Leaving her only with with the BoD itself and it's Ultimate Defense Program to protect her.

And that is exactly what our heroes want.

And then I can do a side-story about the Wolkenritter in the Labyrinth.  Here, at first, I was worried about not having ideas because it'd be boring just to rehash the movie... (Though the Bog of Eternal Stench will be an absolute must for the gag factor.  Wink  )

And then I realized that the Labyrinth is really, in truth, an epic-level dungeon crawl - the kind you only ever read about on D&D forums - with traps and/or puzzles at every single turn, and this is to say nothing of the monster encounters!  ( ♪ Chilly down with the fire gang! ♫ )

To that end, I think this resource should be of great help.

(10-14-2019, 06:54 PM)Labster Wrote:
Quote:A little known secret where the laymen default to mesquite, the pecan wood imparted a smoother, richer, and more buttery flavor that was reminiscent of the delicious nuts they provided.
Thank you for not making the whole party smell like shit.  Mesquite is terrible.
That's mainly because of novices that fancy themselves as pitmasters aren't maintaining the fire properly. The lignin content in Mesquite makes if very difficult to burn - it only hits it's stride at a very high temperature, and then that must be carefully moderated. It's a very difficult wood to smoke with. The bad smell is from poorly maintained Mesquite-fueled fires not burning hot enough, and producing a thick black "Dirty Smoke". This is highly undesirable to true pitmasters as it deposits far too much soot on the food and not enough of the better flavor compounds.

This is why Pecan is more prevalent in many Texas smoke houses - while it is not as "smokey" as a properly done Mesquite smoke, this means that the flavor is much more mellow. It's also far easier to work with.

Ironically, the heat at which Mesquite burns properly makes it fare more suitable for grilling as opposed to smoking. Once you have a good bank of Mesquite embers in your grill, you can turn out wonderful steaks that have a bit of the Mesquite flavors that are desirable.

(10-14-2019, 06:54 PM)Labster Wrote: And really, I was planning on talking to my kids about Halloween earlier.  I have stories running October 14 to 19, any time in there would be good, and I could reference it in my story.  With less lead time, it will be entirely in your story.

Sounds good to me. I think this will serve as a lesson to us to plan our stories better by using shorter, preceding stories to help set up the longer stories in the future.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 10-14-2019, 11:34 PM