Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
D-13.

Well, the framing sections of the big fight scene are nearly complete - I just have to write the bit where Mikoto and Sosuke agree on having the combat exercise in an urban environment. And I have the very basics of the fight blocked out in general terms. I think this scene just might not kill me.

But Labster pointed out a bit where Kuroko was out-of-character, so I had to fix that first (before I forgot about it).

As for the costume competition... First, unless somebody's already working on it, I suspect we won't have it ready before the deadline. Who's writing this? Second, if it's happening, it needs to happen earlier in the story - I'd like to place it after the trick-or-treaters return but before Ben meets Jareth.

EDIT: Maybe have Nanoha and Fate arrive in the middle of the costume contest?

One unwritten scene that I'm requesting help with:
Quote:Sakura and Shaoran are both electric magic users. They'd probably both appreciate a demonstration of things you can do with electricity from people who are better at it.
Labster, would you write the part where Sakura and Shaoran approach Makoto and Mikoto about this, please? After I finish the fight scene, I'll do a longer demonstration than what we have now:
Quote:"V!" Electricity ran up Mikoto's fingers as if they were a Jacob's Ladder.

We need a few more filler scenes - things to put between the longer scenes. Here's an example:

Quote:Maya dropped herself into a chair, careful not to crease River's dress, a bottle of Freetail Bourbon Barrel Aged Local Coffee Stout in her hand. She looked at Ritsuko, sighed, and took a long drink.

Beside her, Kaorin dropped herself into a chair, not caring whether she creased the costume that she was wearing, a bottle of C. C. Lemon in her hand. She looked at Sakaki, sighed, and took a long drink.

"You, too?"

"Yeah. I just can't tell her."

"I know the feeling."

That's the entire scene - the only thing it's missing is a quick mention of what Kaorin's costume is. (The list on the wiki doesn't say.)

We need a few more scenes this length that I can drop in anywhere.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by robkelk - 10-16-2019, 07:39 AM