Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
D-7.

Recap time.

Things that have been done have been crossed out. If you're working on anything that's left, please tell me now so that I don't duplicate your work.

(10-20-2019, 05:16 PM)robkelk Wrote: Just did another pass through the story, and got the gaps down to the bare essentials that need to be filled in. On the wiki, most of these can be found by searching for the string "stuff."

Setup

Quote:Mamoru, Chibi-Usa, Artemis, Luna, and Diana turning up at the Westwoods doorstep (possibly on their own, possibly brought by Sasami, Chidori, or both, possibly some other way). And are Hotaru and Setsuna with them, or are they still hiding in a bolthole with the opening pulled in behind them?

BA: "I'm going to need to throw in a few smaller bits myself – namely Ben conceiving the idea and pitching it to his residents before pitching it to the other apartment managers."

Rob: Maybe Mamoru &c. showing up is why Ben decides to hold a party? – No, that won't work. Nobody's so evil as to keep Usagi away from her family. Mamoru &c. would have to show up while Ben's doing the smoking the day before.

"stuff" – selling the party to the displacees

Quote:"stuff." – inviting Dublin, Montreal, and Pensacola, not necessarily in alphabetical order. Inviting Ottawa can go in the middle of the list, if desired.

Quote:"stuff." Describe a party canopy/gazebo and its decorations here

Cue Tomo referencing the tale of Eric and the Dread Gazebo. She brought a wooden sword, right? (Later, cue Rob hearing about it, and complaining because he missed it.)

Trick-or-Treating

Quote:"stuff." "Trick or Treat!" at $house.

Need to show a non-wacky, non-plot-important house, as setup for the whole "Prince Tomo" scene.

During the Party

Quote:"stuff".

Random scenes, to break up other scenes and establish characters' presence in San Antonio while the youngsters are trick-or-treating. Especially characters from Dublin, Pensacola, and Montreal, please.

Quote:Nanoha and Fate had just arrived on Ben's heels because the Takamachis followed them in their own car.

BA: "We should probably have a bit in there for a costume contest.
Categories:
Best Idea/ Most Original
Most Elaborate
Best Clothing Swap
Best Group Costume
Best Costume, Non-humanoid "Beast Costume"
Best Costume Overall (the winner)

A loser can say "This contest was rigged – a total Rig!" (this is 2016 after all)
* Any loser in particular? Maybe Tomo complaining as a joke?
** Possibly Brent, saying this is totally in character for me.
In fact I have said this at a costume contest before (though I was dressed as our President at the time). -BL

Tomoyo as one of the judges? She'd know what to look for regarding technical and esthetic matters.
* It's kinda cruel not to let a kid compete in a contest like this.
I'd suggest the Norns as they have millennia of experience weaving
(And so Belldandy doesn't win automatically) -BL

Quote:Sakura and Shaoran are both electric magic users. They'd probably both appreciate a demonstration of things you can do with electricity from people who are better at it.

"V!" Electricity ran up Mikoto's fingers as if they were a Jacob's Ladder.

Quote:"stuff". Sakura would be happy to learn magic from anyone, and she's a quick learner. Minako becoming interested in Rin's gem magic. Bling as arsenal?

Tomoyo filming the party, occasionally non-Sakura people even

(The "learning magic" scene can be jettisoned if necessary... but it is a requested scene. Can't move it to one of those earlier random scenes because it involves trick-or-treaters.)

Random scene, to immediately follow a long scene and break the tension.

Random scene, to immediately follow a very long scene and break the tension, and so that Washuu doesn't take Mikoto into the lab for emergency medical treatment and immediately come back out.

Random scene, so that Washuu doesn't take Brent into the lab for a medical experiment and immediately come back out.

During the After-Party

Random scene, so that Washuu doesn't take Kazari into the lab for a prop rebuild and immediately come back out.

(I think Washuu has enough scenes in this fic.)

Quote:Mao, Urd, and Ryoko polishing off a case keg of beer between them.

Though I'd be more concerned about what happens to Kurtz once he gets a few drinks in him and makes a pass at both Urd and Ryoko. Ben: "Awww shit. Guys, eyes up just in case we need to take cover."

Am I the only one seeing a drinking contest between Urd, Mihoshi, Ryoko, and Jayne?

One of our heavier drinkers, please write (or offer ideas for) this scene or scenes.

Quote:DARTZ: [the morality of having sex with any of the 33-Stars] Would be an interesting conversation with Inara, if someone dares to go there.

"Inara and Sylvie sharing pointers in her private chambers?"

----- cut

"Emotionally, that can lead to insecurity and dependance, something that could be dangerous,"

The Next Morning

Random scene, so that Kurz and Akira don't show up for breakfast immediately after Brent asks Washuu to wait until everyone's awake.

Random scene, so that Kurz and Akira can get some breakfast before Akira leaves.

EDIT: Don't make me be so desperate as to use this in the story:

Everybody looked at what had been added to their bags or bins.

"I got a box of choco-mints!"

"I got a pack of Twinkies!"

"I got some licorice whips!"

"I got a roll of smarties!"

Ben double-checked his bag. Yep, that's what he saw the first time. "I got a rock."
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by robkelk - 10-22-2019, 09:46 PM