Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(10-29-2019, 08:53 AM)Dragonflight Wrote: On a quick read through the readme, I'd avoid SI related stuff. The characters would be doing stuff in the environment, but I'm not a character in it. I hate Self-Insert stories for the most part, and don't feel comfortable writing that level of immersion in stories. These are stories about other people in their crazy situations, not wish-dating opportunities for me. That's just major-league *creepy*.

If you don't want to take part, that's cool. Your muse, your keyboard, your choice.

Self-inserts as a class, though... Neopaganism, the Heralds of Valdemar series, and All The Tropes all say this: There is No One True Way. Writing a self-insert does not automatically mean writing an action series. It does not automatically mean writing a harem story, or even romantically connecting the SI with even one other character - for an example here, see "Hybrid Theory". It does not automatically put the self-insert character in the spotlight. (One thing that I was considering was killing off my self-insert in the first big battle he got involved in, then continuing to write stories about the displacees. That's not happening now, but it's still an option for somebody else.)

As for "creepy"... well, can't help you there. Your reactions aren't my reactions, and our reactions aren't other people's reactions.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by robkelk - 10-31-2019, 07:12 AM