Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Sorry about the lack of updates lately everyone. A new puppy is like having a baby, but only for a month, and without the college loans at the end.  Oh, and with more razor-sharp baby teeth.

I was hoping to get a story done by today, the holiday on which it takes place, but it's really just random notes at this point.

Quote:Just because something doesn’t ‘look’ like calculus doesn’t mean that it isn’t. Think of it from a standpoint of linguistics.  If you looked at a block of raw binary, would you be able to say for sure whether it was a mathematical function, or just “Hello World”? (Technically, yes, after all it is ones and zeroes, but you can also say that all languages can be mathematics through the application of first order logic.)

Congratulations padawan, you have mastered technobabble.  I have nothing more to teach you.

Like, that paragraph triggers so many stray thoughts, I think this is my best possible response:

Starlight Breaker is all about the energy flux, but hey, I already mentioned surface integrals.  The degree to which this is intuitive is interesting to me, though.  I know you're trying to deconstruct magic, but let me reconstruct brains instead.  Humans do countless physical calculations just to even walk, and playing sports involves many more.  Some are evolutionary equillibria for free, but there's a significant amount of neural processing just to do normal stuff like moving.  And most of it is some sort of Bayesian probability rather than actually doing physical calculations, but that's more or less what I meant by intuitive.

There's nothing wrong with looking at magic with a mathematical point of view, I'm sure the reader will love the use of Taylor series and Calabi-Yau zzzzZZZZ.... Sorry, nodded off there.  In conclusion, what's not to like about eigenspells?  (@Bob if you're still reading at this point please have Professor Vector use "eigenspell" in a sentence, thanks!)

Finally: I'm just tempted to have Ryo-Ohki get Tomo a banana for Christmas.  Story related.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fifth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 12-13-2019, 05:18 AM