Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Considering Doug Is "Aharon"...
Considering Doug Is "Aharon"...
...what the heck was he thinking in the incident with the Golden Calf?  Note that when I looked it up, I found mention of him encouraging lots of other immoral behavior as part of the "religious" festivities.

Yeah, I know; the account got distorted over the millennia. But needling you about it is fun. [Evil laugh which I can never actually do without coughing a lot]
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
RE: Considering Doug Is "Aharon"...
Yeah, I'll come up with a justification sooner or later. Might be as simple as Doug first saying "this is a bad idea" and then "Here's your bed, lie in it" when they don't listen to him.

EDIT: Also, Doug isn't every Aaron, just this particular one in a universe where a native Aaron wasn't born. I could handwave a lot and say this universe's Exodus doesn't get that incident.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
For another, keep in mind Doug's from the 50's/60's of 20th century America.

He has different morals from most Bronze Age peoples even if most crosses over quite well.
Doug was born in 1962 and was catapulted into the Walk in 1998; it's more correct to say he's from the 70s-90s.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
As a followup, the Aaronites/Kohenim could be Doug's attempt to put some controls on the magic used by the Israelites, or to prevent the backlash from a failed ritual involving the Calf. Especially since the Kohenim apparently were responsible for daily sacrifices during the period when they were wandering.
(08-15-2019, 07:21 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Doug was born in 1962 and was catapulted into the Walk in 1998; it's more correct to say he's from the 70s-90s.

I am now imagining Doug with '80s hair.

Aargh.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(08-16-2019, 05:44 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 07:21 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Doug was born in 1962 and was catapulted into the Walk in 1998; it's more correct to say he's from the 70s-90s.

I am now imagining Doug with '80s hair.

Aargh.
If I were in a particularly evil mood — but when am I not? — and had money to burn, I might commission an artist to do a portrayal of Doug with a mullet.

Aiiieeee!  The mental image!  It burns!  It burns, my precious...!
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
(08-16-2019, 05:44 PM)robkelk Wrote: I am now imagining Doug with '80s hair.

Aargh.

Heh.  Have you not seen this image in the DW Gallery elsewhere on this site?  This is even a 1980s vintage drawing of him!
-- Bob

Looks vaguely like James May, I thought

.... I'll get my coat.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(08-17-2019, 01:13 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 05:44 PM)robkelk Wrote: I am now imagining Doug with '80s hair.

Aargh.

Heh.  Have you not seen this image in the DW Gallery elsewhere on this site?  This is even a 1980s vintage drawing of him!

80s Helmet Hair is a terrible thing to behold.

I see him more with a David Hasselhoff style from the "Knight Rider" era, which eventually gets cut short, either as a crew cut/high-and-tight, or a caesar/George Clooney style (see George in "ER" or "From Dusk 'Till Dawn"), simply because he wears the helmet all the time, and his head is going to sweat.
May I point out that NONE of this is keeping people's brains between their ears instead of melting through their ear canals and down their necks?

Do you realise how hard it is to come up with useful reviews, comentaries, or criticisms when this sort of thing happens?

Ergo, My only thought, is something along the lines of: "FIE, AND BEYOND FOUL SPRITE"
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
(08-24-2019, 05:12 AM)Star Ranger4 Wrote: Ergo, My only thought, is something along the lines of: "FIE, AND BEYOND FOUL SPRITE"
So you're more of a 7Up fan? Big Grin