Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, are the Republicans having some sort of competition?
RE: So, are the Republicans having some sort of competition?
Low interest rates are not necessarily a good thing. It's become the seeds of a real crisis in Europe where interest rates have been lowered to the negative - andbanks are actually getting into negative interest on deposits - it's not worth their while to hold the money but the banks can't charge depositors the negative interest for fear that there'll be a full on continent-wide bank run. Here, it's had the consequence of turning property into an investment vehicle, which is causing some real social issues.

It's potentially good for borrowers, but bad for lenders and especially bad for savers. It's not actually worth socking money away these days. One gets the feeling that the ECB are currently a lot like those lads in Ukraine who yeeted all the control rods from a nuclear reactor to try and restart it - even though some unknown factor had critically poisoned it.

Anyway - the purpose of raising interest rates is to prevent a bubble from forming - bubbles in general are bad things because bubbles always burst and fuck everyone over

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, are the Republicans having some sort of competition? - by Dartz - 08-24-2019, 11:14 AM