Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another first...
Another first...
So, yesterday morning I was reading the board when a "new user registration" banner popped up.  I may have mentioned it before, but in case I haven't, most of the folks here won't be aware that when someone requests membership, I send out a little email from the admin address asking them where they heard about the board.  If I don't hear anything back in 48 hours, I assume they're a spammer -- and I tell them so in the email.  I also check their IP at stopforumspam.com.

So, this new member... the IP turns up one record at Stop Forum Spam, like he's a brand new spammer just starting out.  It's also for the same email address used to create their membership, so it's pretty obvious what's going on. But I have my procedure, so like ten minutes after this guy requested membership I sent out the email.

Three hours later, for the very first time, I get an email back from the spammer.

Who apparently is upset that I don't automatically allow him to blithely traipse through my board, sprinkling semi-literate scam pitches as he goes.  He responds with a short, pithy and obscene message apparently intended to insult me, but which reads more like a six-year-old with a dirty mouth wrote it.  Not sure what it was supposed to accomplish -- it certainly wasn't going to get his membership approved.  Sorry, guy...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Another first...
Pardon me while I laugh at this, I don't wish spammers on anyone, but Jesus, entitled asshole needs a clue.
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Oh heavens. This makes me think of wazziz name who has made a comedy carreer out of torquing spammers and Ijits who have mis typed phone numbers for IM's and the like
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
can we have a transcript?
Quote:can we have a transcript?
Spammers want the eyeballs on them - why give them what they want?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
It should still be in my trash folder, I can probably find it when I get home tonight. And no worries about promoting the spammer -- there is/was nothing identifiable about them or their pitch in what they sent me.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....