Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Amazon and the World are Burning
The Amazon and the World are Burning
Thanks to Bolsonaro (Brazil’s homegrown Trump) the Amazon rainforest has been on fire for several days.

Now, the way I understand it, if the forest loses upwards of 25% it will trigger a feedback loop beyond any hope of restoration.

The rest of the world is not far behind.

And just to pre-empt the climate denialists: “I’ll take your opinion and put it in my bank account to see if generates some interest.”
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
RE: The Amazon and the World are Burning
And for ages, the worlds media just ignores it. Oh, scream about a fucking church, but when there's an actual mass disaster... Donated, written to my local politicians, gone looking for other things I can do here...
Looks like it's time to start investing in canned air.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Who’s got the plans for Mega-maid?
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
As a major fan of robots that turn into other things, I must sadly inform you that Mega-Maid does not work, or at least not without severe Budianskyization/TARDIS-tech/etc. Props that have gone to auction back this up, with multiple versions of the parts that were shown on screen whose close-ups were cut together to make the transformation sequence.

Also, lacking a convenient planetary shield to act as a funnel, or for that matter another convenient planet with a breathable atmosphere, sucking up a significant amount of clean air for remote delivery would be difficult. You're probably better off adapting the scrubber tech those eco-freak planet punks keep wanting to punish successful businesses by requiring them to mount them in their smoke stacks to be on the intake side of air-domes over important places (You know, where the important people are - if they can't afford it, they obviously aren't important anyway) or something. /s
--
‎noli esse culus