Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
powersong idea
powersong idea
I was reminded of this song after watching the latest Epic Rap Battle of History

Power: creates a replica of The Calypso, handy for when Doug needs a ship on short notice.
RE: powersong idea
(08-22-2019, 04:46 PM)Norgarth Wrote: Power: creates a replica of The Calypso, handy for when Doug needs a ship on short notice.

Is a ship that is only around for 4 minutes or so that usefull though, Norgarth?  I mean, one part of me, the part the spirit of this song always spoke to agrees with you; its the cynic in me that worries about the length of any particular recording of it affecting its long term viability that compels me to express a dissenting opinion.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
true, unless he can keep it around beyond the length of the song (either as something that is created, in which case you'd presumably need to find a crew), or as a lingering similcrum (with or with out associated crew), but is disrupted if Doug activates another powersong (meaning he wouldn't be able to safely use any other powers until they got back to shore).

Also while it could potentially come with mini-subs and SCUBA gear, it's certainly not armed. Although in an age-of-sail setting, simply being able to head directly into the wind at a decent speed would be useful. Also brings up the question of fuel/range.
Perhaps it overlays an existing ship Doug is aboard to give it the relevant appearance and abilities while the song lasts? That would make the effect more usable, without just suddenly making a real object instead of the usual temporary simulacra. He'd also get to use other material in his repetoir to get the real ship into and then out of position to make the best use of those fourish minutes, so that's a storytelling bonus too.
--
‎noli esse culus