Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Turn: Improving Evangelia

Thanks! I'll start working toward those.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

And over a year later, I should mention that I have all of those, plus the archetype-specific set, and ... whoa.

Dren, I bow to you. I've taken Evangelia into the Rogue Islands "undercover", and yesterday she went toe-to-toe with Scrapyard for a cold stalemate. Let me make that clearer: using Dren's build, Evangelia and a Giant Monster in one-on-one combat were unable to defeat each other. I eventually broke it off after about 10 minutes of mutual waling, simply because that long of neither getting an edge on the other started getting boring.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
RE: My Turn: Improving Evangelia
And today Evangelia hit 50, so I went to respec, and apparently Dren's build predates Inherent Fitness -- the build outline I generated had me taking Swift at level 6.

Dren, could you be kind enough to recreate the build (in either PINES or MIDS) allowing for Inherent Fitness?

Thanks!
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
The sky's the limit!
This is very strange. I just looked at the last build Dren posted above, and it's clearly post-Inherent Fitness. So why is it not the one I have saved on my system as "Evangelia - Dren build"? I'm confused.

And there's something in the way of an incompatibility between Pine's hero designer and MIDS, because the level 16 slot is blank with six slots but no enhancements slotted. I can see from above what supposed to be there, so I should be able to respec from this anyway...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Yeah, i've noticed that about some older builds with the Pine's build of Mids. It is strange, but atleast you know what goes there.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Yeah. And I still have Mids as well, so I just loaded this later build in it and kept that open -- especially since I get a run-time error when I try to open any of the four in-game respec aids in Pine's builder.
-- Bob

And Eva's basic (re)build is complete as of Friday; I'm now working on the Hecatomb set, after which is the Armageddon, followed by the scrapper AT set.

And when that's taken care of, that's when I start buying up the watchamacallits that push the enhancement level up one at a time.

Oh, and for the last few weeks I've had XP turned off for double Inf. I just undid that last night to start earning more level-award incarnate stuff.

Speaking of which... Say, Terr -- what was that Dark Astoria arc/mish you recommended to me? I couldn't figure out what it was or who to get it from.
-- Bob

I usually run Heather Townshed's arc in DA. If you've already run it once you'll have to repeat through Ouro. You can find her arc I think bout 2/3rds the way down in the 50's list of missions. Her arc is the first one a person run's as soon as players go through the initial 'getting to dark astora' mini arc that starts in PI.

Now when I run Heather's arc I run on min difficulty with bosses turned off just to blitz through it as fast as possible.
Thanks. I'll have to give that a shot next time I'm on.
-- Bob

Dren -- Okay, so I've got the Hecatomb set you suggested subbing in for one of the Mako sets. Now I'm working on Armageddon to replace a Sirocco. Only... both sets of Sirocco have only five slots. Which Armageddon should I skip? I'm currently thinking the Chance for Fire Damage, but I'd like to know what you think.

Thanks.
-- Bob

Procs are always my go to for skipping
Yeah, I couldn't see a way sacrificing anything else -- especially something with a guaranteed damage boost -- would make an occasional damage boost really worth it. But it never hurts to ask.
-- Bob

Personally I might ditch endurance/accuracy mods before damage procs accuracy ones especially if I'm already loaded with global accuracy bonuses or in Eva's case playing an Inv character whom gets a significant boost in To-hit per mob around you via invincibility.
Well, thanks to a generous gift from Terr, I actually completed the Armageddon set several days ahead of schedule, and now I'm looking at an archetype set. (For which I have a six-slot to put the entire thing.)

So time to solicit more opinions:

Critical Strikes or Scrapper's Strike? (Superior, of course)
-- Bob