Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[open]A little question on company law.
[open]A little question on company law.
to: Lists.Jet.Stingray
Subject: A little question on company law.
Time: 12:35:43 - 2025/08/08 - Frigga

What happens to what's now a decent middle-size company when its owner never existed in the first place?

Or what happens if to Stingray Motor Engineering if Sylia Stingray never existed?

If it comes as news to you that I've been using the Sylia Stingray identity then - surprise. Sylia Stingray owns a business called Stingray Motor Engineering. It's a motorcycle manufacturer that was supposed to exist as a vehicle to pay some bills and support another project. All that mattered was that the management keep the company open and keep it working and producing. The aim was to make the business stable so it wouldn't randomly go away and spill its secrets, rather than make the most profit.

It was a front. If you know why Sylia Stingray existed you know what it was a front for. If you don't, it doesn't matter.

Anyway - it turns out that by hiring competent management, with well paid workers and building a good quality product, the business grows. An industrial unit in Shannon is now a factory in Shannon producing engines using 3D-metal printing. They're building aero-engines for old warbirds just to prove how flexible the technology is. Three years ago they bought a chunk of the old Packard plant in Detroit to manufacture in the US

It's now exporting and has become a UAW's flagship. They build electric bikes. The motorids for Asagiri are built there under contract. Stingray began using the fusion tuboshaft engines from those for other purposes. There's a big contract for those - a scary-big contract from a scary-big client. Those engines are useful for a lot of other industries, and Stingray holds the patent for another decade.

There's about a thousand people working in Detroit, and just a little less than that in Shannon. And every single one of them is relying on Sylia Stingray to be a real person to keep the lights on and keep the money coming in. They go to work every day and they do their shit and they get things made right and get a good stable paycheck out of it. Micheal bloody Moore just made a documentary there calling the whole thing a shining beacon of hope.

It'd be a shitty thing to let them drop in the wind and the moment this comes out, they're fucked and it'll all be my fault. This'll be an almighty mess for everyone if it comes out

How do I untangle this mess without blowing it all up?

-Jet Jaguar

-------

Frigga 77 -  Stationpunk.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
[open]A little question on company law. - by Dartz - 08-25-2019, 07:28 AM