Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[open]A little question on company law.
RE: [open]A little question on company law.
to: Lists.Jet.Stingray; jet.jaguar@friggarock.fen
Subject: A little question on company law.

That is the crux of the problem. Sylia paid everything she owed to Marsbase Sara - Sylia owed nothing to the Millenium. Sylia owed very little to Marsbase Sara because most of the business happened off the base. Sylia owed very little to anybody because everything happened where it wouldn't be taxed. Sylia has good records of that because the company kept them to protect the company. Sylia's worth is totally in the value of the company - she never drew much of a salary down.

My work was always under the table - it had to be. My warrant card was my biggest souirce of income - everything else just sort of covered for it to make it all look like it could have a legit source to the Profetas of the universe. I never *had* to keep full records up until about two years ago and even then a lot of things stayed off them to hide them from eyes more dangerous than Revenue. It's a mess - but it's a tangled mees that kept the boskone from figuring it out. Sylia's more a real person than I am.

I didn't trust VR to keep the secrets. But more than a few spies have been brought down by spending obviously above their means.

I've been mulling over the idea of 'buying' it from Sylia, it seemed the neatest way of sorting it out, maybe as a quid-pro-quo to trade out some of the shares in the metals still held in Frigga intself but it'd look rediculous if I bought it for pennies on the dollar and that'd be a red flag to a bull for Revenue if they ever figure out the mess that's been created. I've been told in no uncertain terms how bad an idea that'd be.

I'll let you know when I've a plan sorted out - I'd apprecite a contact in the US - they're the most likely to kick up for sure - I can manage the Republic. I'm sure I can make up some extra fuel uses - we'd been planning to expand our machinery and a lot of it can easily be diesel powered. I can pick up some turbine gensets to 'cover for the dead reactor' and those'll need a lot fuel until we get the new cores completed.

I still don't know what to do with the thing if I do own it. It doesn't feel like winning the lotto. It's definitely a scary thing to have. Sylia was always accused by the UAW of being a person who owned for a living.

-Jet

-------
Frigga 77 - Stationpunk.

Note: Jet may not be entirely honest about how chaotic her personal finances are - she probably doesn't know exactly how messed up it is

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [open]A little question on company law. - by Dartz - 08-25-2019, 03:14 PM