Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, that was... something. Not "fun".
Well, that was... something. Not "fun".
Just spent a little over an hour stuck in an elevator.

Amazing how peaceful it was to just do nothing... except when building security kept asking whether I was okay. (I would have played music, but I forgot to recharge my phone. Hence, do nothing.)

I'll be talking with my contact in building security tomorrow about it. For now, it's just nice to be able to sit down.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Well, that was... something. Not "fun".
Oh GACK. Still glad to hear you were okay Rob. Had a transformer blow here where I live like a month ago that also stranded at least one person in our elevator, and it seemed to be a major undertaking to get her free.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Thanks.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
All alone in the elevator?  (Since chatting with other stranded people would've been something to do....)  For some reason, though I'm normally cool with being alone, alone in that situation strikes me as particularly creepy.  I'm happy you got out of it okay.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
Me and my minor claustrophobia will be over here in the corner shaking... glad you're OK!
All alone, for over an hour.

At the time, I was fine. This morning, I'm still mustering up the courage to go back to work.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Ouch. My sympathies. I once got stuck in an elevator at our old apartment complex but I was with Chris and it wasn't an hour.

Given all the other budget woes you've shared with me about the place, I'm not surprised.
Well, it is taxpayers' money that they're spending... Anyway.

Went to work, roughly at lunchtime. The elevator I was stuck in was still out of service. Managed to handle the elevator ride up. Didn't get asked for a leave form. Went back to ground level for coffee break, managed to psych myself up to take the elevator back to my desk again. Didn't get much done after that. Took the elevator down at the end of the day. Decided to get something on the way home for supper.

Good thing I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Gah. I've been trying to think all day of what to say, and i can't come up with anything more eloquent than "that sucks". Sorry you had to go through that.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Pope Francis stuck in elevator for 25 minutes

Stuff like this happens to the best of us.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I imagine when you're a religious leader this sort of thing is taken as some kind of portent more than capricious chance. What sort of sign it would be I'm not sure, having slipped from "not religious" to anti-religious" over the past decade or so.

e; I mean, two or three different jokes spring immediately to mind, but I know just as fast they're mean spirited and in poor taste.
--
‎noli esse culus