Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Usagi as a D&D character
Usagi as a D&D character
So, a couple of weeks back I found this channel on YouTube where the guy does a possible build of a fictional character for a D&D game. Today it was Usagi’s turn:

Enjoy.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
RE: Usagi as a D&D character
Have you read Ryuugi's Overlord-inspired SM/xianxia crossover, by chance? Whle not exactly D&D, the game system Usagi & her people run on (or used to) is somewhat similar. I can't rmember the exact title off the top of my head, but it's not hard to find on Spacebattles.
--
‎noli esse culus
There's always Earthscorpion's gamer omakes from Aleph's fic "Of the Stars" on Sufficient Velocity. Sadly, the fic doesn't seem to have updated since 2017.

Anyway, unless I'm very confused, Earthscorpion started doing the omakes as a result of a discussion in the thread of how the Senshi are munchkins. Basically, the players, whose names are taken from the original American dub, are playing the SM characters with their Japanese names using a variation of the Exalted system. In each omake, he runs the players through the most recent story scene that Aleph has posted. Naru is the only normal because her player built her according to the GM's guidelines. All the other PCs were munchkined to hell by Ami's player
Can’t say I’ve read any of them. I’ll check them out.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Quote:So, a couple of weeks back I found this channel on YouTube where the guy does a possible build of a fictional character for a D&D game. Today it was Usagi’s turn:
"Most importantly, though, you get Way of the Brush for calligraphy proficiency, which is the best thing in Dungeons and Dragons. If you're not playing D&D for intense, inky penmanship, I don't know what you're doing!"

Snerk.

Somewhere I have Usagi as a GURPS character, but I suspect it's on my system at home, because I can't find the file on my thumbdrive.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Video guy was a little too monotone for me, and the build wasn't what I was expecting (TL;DW: Brd 6/Mnk 6/Sor 8). Honestly I'd implement her in D&D with some sort of racial template for sailor senshi, because it's kind of a weird set of abilities that she gets early on. Probably with some sort of cleric-based prestige class, because seriously, divine magic. All levels of arcane casters in that video? Nope. Plus SM magic feels like cleric domains - Love, Knowledge, Beauty, Passion, Revolution.

But then, I have a tendency to design characters based on role-play rather than powers, balance isn't really all that much of a concern for me.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
It didn't help my interest level when I realized he was doing it for D&D 5th Edition, which seems like a pretty bland system to me.
(09-05-2019, 11:27 PM)Norgarth Wrote: It didn't help my interest level when I realized he was doing it for D&D 5th Edition, which seems like a pretty bland system to me.
Pretty much.  In the old 3.5 version(also known as D20), you could build most anime characters fairy easily.  It handled Hellsing, Slayers(Lina Inverse), Star Wars, Super Heroes and others fairly well  D20 Modern with the D20 Modern Arcana would be the place to start