Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teaser for Chapter 2
Re-written fight for Crossroads.
Whats so funny bout peace, love and understanding. Doug laughed as he easily slid away from a clumsily aimed sword blow. He stepped inside the arc of the backhand swing and delivered an overhand, open handed strike to the face. Say goodnight Gracie.
Unorthodox, but effective. The famous description from Enter the Dragon came to mind as Thibor watched Doug put the mob leader away. The motion was not unlike a man shoving a pie in another mans face, but the perfect timing of the blow, combining the forward motion of the attacker with Colonel Sangnoirs erratic movements, made what was somewhat comedic into a work of perfect pugilism. Thibor filed the information away, Colonel Sangnoir moved with a swift grace that even Cammy would have envied. Fast and very, very efficient. The Elvis Costello riff was appreciated, most people would have gone for the more obvious John Lennon overture.
Re: Re-written fight for Crossroads.
Looks good to me.
Also, re the "John Lennon overture", Doug's more likely the guy to say "Give pizza chants" than anything else... -- Bob
---------
Chaos isn't really chaos if it isn't Lawful part of the time.
Re: Doug's Style
...so does Doug have any "devastating finishing moves?" Like "Tasmanian Whirlwind," or "Earth-Shattering Kaboom," or of course "You Need a House to Go With This Doorknob." Smile
--Sam
"I speak LOOOUUUDly! And I carry a BIIIIIIgger stick!"
Re: Doug's Style
I haven't thought of any, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.-- Bob
---------
*reply*
Quote:
"I speak LOOOUUUDly! And I carry a BIIIIIIgger stick!"
"And I use it, too!" /em bashes Bugs over the head with the stick.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: *reply*
Quote:
Allow me to point out, btw, that I am very quietly chuckling at the last few messages, for reasons that only my prereaders and collaborator know at this point. -- Bob
---------
"And I use it, too!"
Quote:
Quote:
"And I use it, too!" /em bashes Bugs over the head with th

Allow me to point out, btw, that I am very quietly chuckling at the last few messages, for reasons that only my prereaders and collaborator know at this point.[/quote]
My guess is that it's either one of Dougs "katas", or Bob is using some these quotes as chapter titles.
--
Whadayno, the dark horse won.-- Bugs
Re: "And I use it, too!"
Wrong on both counts.-- Bob
---------
re: reply
Quote:
could be a literal bug...
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: re: reply
I woke up a bit later than usual that morning, and while I may not be the sharpest carrot in the bushel when I'm just out of bed, it didn't take me long to notice certain things were a bit ... off that morning. Knowing that K1 and Belldandy would be off to school by now, but that Skuld was free in the morning today (and being a bit reluctant to deal with Urd quite so soon after waking) I made my way to the youngest Norn's workshop/shed, where we'd been working on my bike the past few days. She mumbled a hello without looking up from the bench as I entered. Pulling out my best 'reason in the face of the universe's pervesity' voice, I noted, "Skuld, I seem to be growing fur. My ears are feeling on the long side, as well. Why am I growing fur and long ears?"
She blinked audibly. I'm still not sure how that's possible, actually - my hearing's not *that* good - but it was true all the same.
Spinning on her work stool, she stared wideyed for a moment, then exclaimed, "... It's got to be a bug!"
"You know, this isn't quite what I mean when I say I consider Bugs Bunny my role model..."
- CD
Edited to add some narration - and took long enough at it that ordnance11 replied to the original. D'oh.How many times have you stared mournfully into the coleslaw and thought "Gee, I wish I was a cabbage."
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: re: re:reply
Quote:
Skuld, I seem to be growing fur. My ears are feeling on the long side, as well. Why am I growing fur and long ears?"
"... It's got to be a bug!"
"You know, this isn't quite what I mean when I say I consider Bugs Bunny my role model..."
Don't bug me man!....dont buggg me !
Lemee see you figure out what 60's cartoon that came out of ^^.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: Bugs and Bunny
I like it. Can't fit it into the plot, but I like it.-- Bob
---------
Eh, let's just call it an omake (As I picture it, it could even fit into a four-panel comic format, though it would take some trimming...) and be glad for Doug's sake that's all it is.
For the record, here's the comic-script version:
1: looking past a silhouette into the bathroom mirror, we see mainly Doug's eye. Top caption: What the...? Bottom caption: Bell's at class, Urd... no, Skuld should still be here.
2: Still from behind, but better details, in doorway. Skuld is at her workbench, aft 3/4 view. Caption: Ah, Skuld? Why am I growing fur and long ears?
3: around 90 degrees off from door viewpoint, Skuld visible from the front looking over her shoulder at Doug, who is now in front 3/4 and fully seen in his transformed glory. Um, with clothes on; not *that* 'fully seen' glory. SFX: BLINKA Caption: ... It's got to be a bug!
4: Doug looking rueful while semi-SD Skuld chases an eight legged wabbit with Mjolnir MkII. Caption: This isn't really what I mean when I say Bugs Bunny is my role model...
My mad ninja art skillz are not up to doing this justice, however, and I find that more dissappointing than I'd usually expect.
- CDHow many times have you stared mournfully into the coleslaw and thought "Gee, I wish I was a cabbage."
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Hmm. I'd say ask Dave, but it looks like Dave is still at least partly burried in RL and computer problems still..."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Not to mention that Dave already has a backlog of DW stuff, spawned mostly from his own enthusiasm, and despite a lot of things I'd love to request, I do not wish to further burden him.-- Bob
---------