Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Usagi, post-Doug
Usagi, post-Doug

.jpg   You see this moon 01.jpg (Size: 59.73 KB / Downloads: 199)

.jpg   You see this moon 02.jpg (Size: 79.99 KB / Downloads: 200)

(Well, maybe not quite...)
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Usagi, post-Doug
I'm waiting for Doug to make jokes about Mercury being in retrograde, personally....
...You'll have to wait until the end of chapter three at the very least.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(10-05-2019, 03:50 PM)Ebony Wrote: I'm waiting for Doug to make jokes about Mercury being in retrograde, personally....
I'm stealing that line for There's Nothing Better.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I'm just going to quote a ew things from the discussion thread for Ryuugi's SM/Overlord (LN/anime)/Xianxia/mythology kitchen sink crossover:

Ryuugi Wrote:Usagi's reaction times are literally inhuman. I'm not crazy enough to go full anime silliness and get into that time Usagi literally dodged the flash of a camera after it went off, but needless to say, by the standards of the average person, they're stupid.
theguyfromtheplace1 Wrote:What if Usagi's reflexes take advantage of how she doesn't care about the timeline? Time-traveling nerve impulses.
Raguna Blade Wrote:While i'm reasonably confident she doesn't actually need to do that, it would be immensely hilarious if she was just casually doing things before they were actually required and just no one ever really realized it. Until Epi who's just "Oh this poor child, not understanding time. Ah Youth. Back When I was a --------------------------------------------------------------------- I had the same problem."

Setsuna, meanwhile, just quietly accepts this has always been her life and she's just gonna have to hold that.
I Wrote:It would explain so much. Being a fraction of a second too soon or too late with the motion you want to make is essentially the definition of being klutzy, after all...
I never really thought about just how much temporal silliness goes on in Sailor Moon, but it's been one of the major topics in that thread off and on. Video Game Time having also been involved in the backstory due to the Overlord elements just makes it all the more brain-breaking, but even canon Usagi got up to shenanigans at least once per season.
--
‎noli esse culus
Hm. Does tie in nicely with Doug's opinion of her kinesthetic sense...
-- Bob

(11-13-2019, 12:52 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: Video Game Time having also been involved in the backstory due to the Overlord elements just makes it all the more brain-breaking, but even canon Usagi got up to shenanigans at least once per season.

Just to confirm:  THIS Overlord?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children

.png   preflexes.png (Size: 361.99 KB / Downloads: 78)
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(11-13-2019, 09:22 PM)Star Ranger4 Wrote: Just to confirm:  THIS Overlord?

Correct, though Usagi and her peeps didn't end up on the New World of Overlord canon with Momonga and his. The world they're on is in general much more even in terms of relative power, which is saying a lot when you're talking about the nominal MC being post-manga Sailor Moon, who had been using cross-dimensional magic to play video games while waiting out the Great Freeze so everyone else could wake up again.
--
‎noli esse culus