Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckle your seatbelts, everyone....
RE: Buckle your seatbelts, everyone....
If nothing else, I think the assholes that have spent years bending over for Trumps many disgusting behaviors have realized that they have to kill this before it gets to their house, because they know they can't spin voting not guilty in the face of the evidence.

On a side note, I continue to laugh that they're insisting this is an evil attempt to overthrow the results of the 2016 election. I mean, really, I've encountered sore losers, but sore winners is very rare indeed. Plus, this won't put Hillary Clinton in the White House. It'd put Pence in... assuming he doesn't manage to get implicated. And then there's a long chain of succession. Surely there's a Republican on there that hasn't committed crimes?
Oh, also.

https://twitter.com/MiekeEoyang/status/1...0572125191
"Whenever you hear a proposed law relating to religion or an appeal to the audience of a speech based on it, replace "god" with "satan" and see if it still sounds like a good idea." This is probably paraphrased slightly since I don't rmember exactly where or when I heard it,* but the intent is clear, and would apply just as much to such a proposal (and to the precedent they're trying to set without officially altering the laws) if they only thought it through.

If.

* I can be pretty sure it was some time after first grade, at least, since we still had a mandatory pledge of allegiance a the beginning of classes and I got in enough trouble for refusing to include "under god" in that without changing it to "one nation under satan..." Tongue
--
‎noli esse culus
If it was just flooding the SCIF with non-committee members I'd call it a standard political protest.

Bringing their smart phones into a secured environment without authorization though?

Also, yes, there's no doubt a Republican on there who has not broken the law. Unfortunately for the Republican Party, if Trump falls Pence will follow, and a Democrat is the next in line.
As It Happens: Ambassador who testified against Trump is 'as radical as oatmeal,' says former diplomat John Herbst

So, just how much recent US foreign policy was being quarterbacked by Rudy Giuliani, anyway?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Too much, I can tell you for sure. My litmus for that being, "Did Giuliani quarterback any foreign policy at all?"

Which, of course, is yes. And therefore "Too much".

And to think that the Republicans have the gall to scream about "Unelected bureaucrats" waging a war against the Constitution.
Of course they are.

It wouldn't do for the people voting for them to have the time to think about what's going on instead of being incessantly outraged.
No kidding there. I had to chastise an older woman on Twitter just the other night when she barged into a twitter thread about the Republican congressmen invading that deposition with pro-Trump memes. I reminded her that no matter whose side she supported or what was happening there, those congressmen should not have brought their cell phones into that facility. Especially so when cabinets for the safe keeping of electronic devices outside the secure spaces are provided.

She didn't have anything to say afterwards.
(10-25-2019, 03:39 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: No kidding there.  I had to chastise an older woman on Twitter just the other night when she barged into a twitter thread about the Republican congressmen invading that deposition with pro-Trump memes.  I reminded her that no matter whose side she supported or what was happening there, those congressmen should not have brought their cell phones into that facility.  Especially so when cabinets for the safe keeping of electronic devices outside the secure spaces are provided.

She didn't have anything to say afterwards.

Translation: There was a troll on Twitter posting Trump memes that were totally owning the libs.  While I raged, I carefully constructed a logical argument that the troll ignored completely.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I thought we'd already come to the conclusion that making light of ones political beliefs in this forum is Not A Good Idea.
Oh, I’m not making fun of your beliefs at all. I’m making fun of how you came in here hot from Twitter, all proud that you pissed in an ocean of piss. I mean, if you want to waste your life in that twisted hellscape pretending your words can melt the heart of a try hard troll, go right ahead.
(10-25-2019, 06:37 PM)Labster Wrote: Oh, I’m not making fun of your beliefs at all. I’m making fun of how you came in here hot from Twitter, all proud that you pissed in an ocean of piss. I mean, if you want to waste your life in that twisted hellscape pretending your words can melt the heart of a try hard troll, go right ahead.

Well, you're not doing any better yourself by trying to antagonize me.  Kindly get off your high horse.
(10-24-2019, 04:40 AM)hazard Wrote: If it was just flooding the SCIF with non-committee members I'd call it a standard political protest.

Bringing their smart phones into a secured environment without authorization though?

Also, yes, there's no doubt a Republican on there who has not broken the law. Unfortunately for the Republican Party, if Trump falls Pence will follow, and a Democrat is the next in line.

GOP-Schiff SCIF Tiff Causes Swift Rift

Black Aeronaut Wrote:Well, you're not doing any better yourself by trying to antagonize me.  Kindly get off your high horse.

Is this what a high horse is like?  It sure feels to me like I'm throwing mud from the foxholes.  Your values are fine.  Your methods are ineffective.  This is all.
Ah lads, lads lads - l;ets not turn this into the Peoples Front of Judea versus the Judean People's front when we both want the Romans to fuck off.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
If the rating button did anything, I'd give that post full marks.
--
‎noli esse culus
EDIT: Never mind.
well the first inquiry hearing was yesterday, and let me just say this:

If these two career bureaucrats are the best that Shifty Shiff has, then the impeachment attempt is FUCKED. As i said before when the "Whistleblower" statement came out hearsay IS NOT ADMISSIBLE EVIDENCE.

have a nice attempt
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

From what was given in testimony yesterday, I'd say they're just warming up.

As for "admissible evidence," you're confusing an impeachment hearing with a court trial. They're different things with different rules.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Rob: if they're warming up, they have a long way to go to reach anything worth having an inquiry over, much less an impeachment.
and no, they are not, rules of admissible evidence is universal, and hearsay is not admissible
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

(11-15-2019, 10:10 PM)Rajvik Wrote: Rob: if they're warming up, they have a long way to go to reach anything worth having an inquiry over, much less an impeachment.
and no, they are not, rules of admissible evidence is universal, and hearsay is not admissible

Rajvik, impeachment is not a criminal trial.
It's not a criminal trial. If Donald is impeached he is no longer president. That's it. His employer is basically going through the motions to decide if what he has done is grounds for being fired from a job - not sent to prison. Do his actions constitute a fireable misconduct, and abuse of the position?

Prison and a trial happens afterwards. If at all.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Besides, The Donald didn't help his case any when he undermined the Republicans completely by tweeting those tweets the other day when they were questioning the former ambassador to Ukraine.

Republicans: "Yeah, let's just leave her be. Any sort of attack on her is gonna look bad for us..."
Teh Donnie: *ENORMOUS SHOTS FIRED*
Republicans: "... Well FUCK."
It's Donald Trump. He's never been able to tolerate people criticizing him, especially those without a penis. It doesn't help he's been getting all his information on the hearings from Fox News, who have been doing the 'oh, it's terrible and no one should watch it' routine of coverage. It's a dangerous approach for both of them to take... Although really, the media in general needs a few slaps over the head. The reporters treating it like reality tv and complaining it's not exciting enough are a particular irritation of mine.
He's proudly confirmed doing all the things the investigation is looking into, the only question is if the House Republicans can carry the idea that it's fine if it's Our Boi, The Trump of Trumpistan, Hero of the People, Deal Artist, the Greatest Negotiator, the Genius, the Paragon of Stability, Father of the Wall, Pussy-Grabber in Chief, the Tweetmaster, the Mediahammer, Bane of Liberals, Illegals, Queers, and Freaks, etc., etc. My main concern at this point is that if they do prevail against all reason and moral sense, someone will decide the best way to get rid of him is a bullet, or a lot of bullets, or some kind of bomb... he's the most harmful president in living memory and possibly ever, but nothing good comes from violent regime change overtaking the rule of law.
--
‎noli esse culus
"Now, when we look at the U.S. Constitution and look at Article 2, Section 4, it doesn't say anything about witness intimidation."

I see Fox News has moved from the Sideshow Bob defense to the Air Bud strategy.