Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mystery Behind The World’s Worst Fanfic
The Mystery Behind The World’s Worst Fanfic
While I believe there are worse examples of the World’s Worst FanFic (like a certain story on the FFML involving a moon cat), the story referenced here sounds like something Skysaber might have written.

https://youtu.be/ISfGI0vVBSs
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
RE: The Mystery Behind The World’s Worst Fanfic
It still pales before the Eye of Argon.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
I still think Dr. Thinker's Judge Brainitite is the worst, m'self.
[Image: Sailor+Moon+-+Dr+Thinker.jpg]
--
‎noli esse culus
(11-29-2019, 01:48 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: I still think Dr. Thinker's Judge Brainitite is the worst, m'self.

I forget: is that the one in which Gyra famous (sic) on Amy?
A quick search doesn't find any instance of "gyra" in it, so apparently not. I'm not about to read it again to make sure Tongue
--
‎noli esse culus
(11-29-2019, 05:38 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: A quick search doesn't find any instance of "gyra" in it, so apparently not. I'm not about to read it again to make sure Tongue

Fair enough. A quick Google search for "famous on Amy" reveals that the fic is "Dimisionial Trouble" (sicer) and that the character's name is spelled "Grya" anyway.
(11-29-2019, 01:30 AM)ECSNorway Wrote: It still pales before the Eye of Argon.

Perhaps, but that's out-of-category -- The Eye of Argon isn't a fanfic.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(11-30-2019, 09:43 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:

Which makes me wonder: has anyone written fanfiction for The Eye of Argon? That could very well be something to behold...
(11-30-2019, 12:20 PM)Tennie Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 09:43 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:

Which makes me wonder: has anyone written fanfiction for The Eye of Argon?  That could very well be something to behold...

There are six EoA fics at AO3 and one at the Pit of Voles (the Curse of Monkey Island crossover Guybrush, Elaine and Grignr). I have not yet dared to read them.