Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Situation Vacant] Reactor Chief Engineer
RE: [Situation Vacant] Reactor Chief Engineer
Thanks.

You're not the first person to make that comment about it not feeling like Fenspace. Some of it reflects a lot about how I've been feeling. As far as direction is, I've been letting it roll and seeing what happens. Feedback is always helpful at correcting a wayward system - unless it's positive feedback and then you blow the top of it.

I imagined Ben thought he was being helpful by telling a half-truth - that was my intent anyway - and it'd also be in character for him. I'd be curious what BA had to contribute - but he's busy on the other project. Jet is disappointed, where AC might be angry. There's probably a scene there. It might give me an out - a way to shift the narrative and make it both out in the open, and completely hidden - like project Azorian. Even call it a proliferation risk issue - where somebody's enriching Uranium for starship fuel - and the RBMK thing is to fix it. The real truth his hidden in the lie that everyone will accept as the truth. It sounds smart - but I've never run a real conspiracy.

I do want to do a few scenes of everyone else doing their thing --- Mackie's 'OK' and coping, Anika (Daini) is getting a big head and our Chernobyl operator gets his tour of wonder on the way to the rock.

With regards to Senshi politics, I was trying to strike a note of 'Both sides'. The political types are being cliguey - I've seen it so many times in certain strains of fandom, while Jet's being Jet - and covering up the initial accident was probably a bonehead move on her part. Frigga is starting to 'work' as a settlement, but it's been rough....

Jet being put on medical leave would be - embarrassing for her. She'd be afraid of what people would think - she has the idea in her head that she can only be successful at what people think she can be successful at. Maybe madness - but with Handwavium's nature, maybe not.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Situation Vacant] Reactor Chief Engineer - by Dartz - 09-03-2021, 03:32 PM