Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Situation Vacant] Reactor Chief Engineer
RE: [Situation Vacant] Reactor Chief Engineer
I kind of hope it doesn't need to get darker and grimmer, because if it does, I recently burned out at work and that would be bad news for me personally.  It seems like pretty classic burnout to me -- the feeling of having a lot of responsibility, but things never improving.  The feeling of giving the best you can still barely manage, and still feeling like a screw-up.  Being cynical about one's job, and feeling constantly emotionally drained.  Using drugs a coping mechanism only helps her temporarily.

From talking to Dartz, I think he's probably suffering burnout as well.

Stupid question because I don't really know the setting at all, but does Jet have vacation time saved up?  Like several months?  Because the only thing that's going to fix it is getting away for a while to get some perspective, and possibly a change in the job so she feels she has more support.  To me, if you want a story to tell going forward, it's this: Jet steps away on a quest to find her true path, and later when someone's in trouble, she appears at the last minute as a big damn hero.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Situation Vacant] Reactor Chief Engineer - by Labster - 09-04-2021, 04:21 AM