Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2019 "complain about the weather" thread
RE: The 2019 "complain about the weather" thread
Want to trade? It's -22C outside right now in Ottawa.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
It's about +10C in the Netherlands right now.

I'll note that we're also something like 10 degrees further North of the equator compared to Ottawa.
somehow I doubt he will go for that Rob. Now, if only the two of you could average temps?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
(12-04-2019, 08:19 AM)Shader Wrote: <start rant>There is no such thing as climate change. <end rant>

Hello my fellow Australian! I think Victoria's done with having temperatures bounce up and down by 20 degrees Celsius every day. Sadly, looks like we're joining New South and Queensland on the permanently hot, dry and windy train. This weather's already cost me my cat this summer, so I'm dreading what comes next...

And in worse news, looks like the PM is coming back from hiding in Hawaii. Sucks to be us.

EDIT: Nope, apparently tomorrow is going to be in the high 20s again. The fuuuuck....
(12-20-2019, 12:53 AM)Matrix Dragon Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 08:19 AM)Shader Wrote: <start rant>There is no such thing as climate change. <end rant>

Hello my fellow Australian! I think Victoria's done with having temperatures bounce up and down by 20 degrees Celsius every day. Sadly, looks like we're joining New South and Queensland on the permanently hot, dry and windy train. This weather's already cost me my cat this summer, so I'm dreading what comes next...

And in worse news, looks like the PM is coming back from hiding in Hawaii. Sucks to be us.

EDIT: Nope, apparently tomorrow is going to be in the high 20s again. The fuuuuck....

Sorry to hear about your cat Matrix. The only way we have kept our 2 going is by having the air cons going during the day. Air cons are about the only way to stay cool in this record breaking heat

Hope you aren't affected by any of the smoke from the few fires that are still burning. 

At least there's always the cricket to watch.... Tongue

And as regards swapping temps? .... lets see... its what 10ish at night and lets call it about 27C (about 80F) outside atm. At least at this temperature I don't have to shovel snow. Tongue
Just as I knew all of Life's Answers... they changed all the Questions!!
Quote:
There is one thing you don't put in a trap, if you're smart, if you value your continued existance, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there is one thing you never, ever put in a trap.
And what would that be sir?
Me.
- Dr Who
(12-21-2019, 07:12 AM)Shader Wrote: Sorry to hear about your cat Matrix. The only way we have kept our 2 going is by having the air cons going during the day. Air cons are about the only way to stay cool in this

Mine decided he wanted to be outside and took matters into his own hands. Air conditioning, ice water and food don't help much when you bolt out the door and over the fence. *Sigh* Stupid bastard...

Quote:Hope you aren't affected by any of the smoke from the few fires that are still burning. 

We've gotten a few days of smoke, but the worst of it's been blown past us and down on to Melbourne. Or Sydney. Jesus, am I glad I don't live THERE...
(12-21-2019, 10:52 PM)Matrix Dragon Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 07:12 AM)Shader Wrote: Sorry to hear about your cat Matrix. The only way we have kept our 2 going is by having the air cons going during the day. Air cons are about the only way to stay cool in this

Mine decided he wanted to be outside and took matters into his own hands. Air conditioning, ice water and food don't help much when you bolt out the door and over the fence. *Sigh* Stupid bastard...

Oh man.  This reminds me of my last cat, 'Blackie' (short for 'Black guard').  I swear I have seen the wind blow and change that cat's mind.

Gosh do I miss him. Sad
NO QUARTER!

Well, we got a tornado for Christmas night, EF0. Started in the river, swirled across the sewer plant, then swept through the harbor. A real shitstorm.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Play Rimshot.mp3
NO QUARTER!

Hey, I'm not just making jokes! There was some real twisted shit going down here!
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
*falls over laughing*

Didn't mean to challenge that you were wrong, Labster. Meant the opposite?
NO QUARTER!

Okay, I can't top that. All we have is fog.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Tonight, we get freezing rain - possibly an ice storm, probably 5 to 10 cm of combined snow and ice pellets.

Ontario Provincial Police have already issued a traffic advisory for most of eastern Ontario: "If you don't have to drive, don't" Hydro Ottawa is also on alert to deal with downed power lines; we still remember the last two ice storms.

Good thing I've already booked tomorrow off, and have food in the fridge... and non-perishable food and drink in the kitchen cabinets.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Fires have started hitting my state. Not in my general area yet, but regions to the East have been informed it is too late to evacuate. Based off the freaking bizarre weather patterns we're getting, it could spread this way pretty damn quickly...
(12-30-2019, 09:54 AM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: ... regions to the East have been informed it is too late to evacuate....

OK, that's one of the freakin' scariest things I can imagine being told as an official bulletin.
-----
"Oh, my people had many gods. There was Conformity, and Authority, and Expense Account, and Opinion. And there was Status, whose symbols were many, and who rode in the great chariot Cadillac, which was almost a god itself. And there was Atombomb, the dread destroyer, who would some day come to end the world." — Lord Kalvan of Otherwhen, H. Beam Piper
(12-30-2019, 10:44 AM)DHBirr Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 09:54 AM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: ... regions to the East have been informed it is too late to evacuate....

OK, that's one of the freakin' scariest things I can imagine being told as an official bulletin.

Limited number of roads through mountain terrain, dry lightning strikes and high speed embers on the winds in horrible locations, all the fun things. And to think, after the Black Saturday fires a decade ago, there are still people in this state that dismiss those evacuation warnings as 'climate agenda fear-mongering'. Guh.
Ottawa didn't get that ice storm (yet), so I can worry about you by proxy...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(12-30-2019, 10:51 AM)Matrix Dragon Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 10:44 AM)DHBirr Wrote:

Limited number of roads through mountain terrain, dry lightning strikes and high speed embers on the winds in horrible locations, all the fun things. And to think, after the Black Saturday fires a decade ago, there are still people in this state that dismiss those evacuation warnings as 'climate agenda fear-mongering'. Guh.

You know the distressing thing about it? 

I'm seeing my childhood burn. Just about everywhere I've lived or visited as a kid has gone up in smoke. The family moved about while I was growing up, and we went on various holidays touring... they are now all smoke and ashes. And the latest pics from Victoria ...

Stay safe Matrix.
Even if those evacuation warnings are climate agenda fear mongering, that does not mean that they are not evacuation warnings about massive fires.

To not pay attention to them and heed them is at best ill advised.