Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2019 "complain about the weather" thread
The 2019 "complain about the weather" thread
Montreal has postponed Halloween because of the weather.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: The 2019 "complain about the weather" thread
Several municipalities in New Jersey had done the same as of my morning commute.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I hadn't stopped to think of it 'til now, but there's been nearly constant rain or drizzle all day here in southeast Michigan, so it wouldn't surprise me to learn we've rescheduled, too.

Of course, Michigan was the "Water Winter Wonderland" when I was growing up (and dinosaurs walked the Earth), so we might decide to tough it out and let the kids catch cold and die if they must.

-----
Children, don’t talk to strangers.  Strangers don’t want to hear it.
There was some debate whether Ottawa was going to follow Montreal's lead, but the folks at city hall decided against postponing Halloween this year. Even though it's been raining all day and as of this post is still raining.

That doesn't mean anybody showed up at my door, mind you. (Looks at all the Hershey fun-size chocolates that'll be going to work tomorrow.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
No-fun-size candy bars? For shame. No wonder no one bothered braving the elements just for that! This is a three-bowl house - one real candy bar (choice of nuts or no nuts at least until one runs out) and a handful each of mint and fruit-flavors hard candy.
--
‎noli esse culus
Ah, but I give out more than one per person.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Yesterday's rain and heavy winds made a change to Niagara Falls
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
This is not really weather per se, but still a geoscience so why not.  The last couple of nights I've been woken up by small earthquakes.  The cluster has in the range of 2.5-3.6, so nothing really big or dangerous, just enough to feel like somebody's shaking/kicked your bed.  But I'm only a couple of kilometers away from the epicenters -- and only ten or so kilometers from the hypocenter, so it's still a bit of a jolt.

It's actually kinda funny looking at the map, one of the epicenters is in the dead center of downtown, another is at the end of the pier, and one is in the middle of my old middle school.  Oh, and one at a taco shop.  Would be less funny if anyone got injured, but now it's just at annoyance level.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/#{"autoUpdate"%3A[]%2C"basemap"%3A"grayscale"%2C"feed"%3A"7day_m25"%2C"listFormat"%3A"default"%2C"mapposition"%3A[[34.246219918939055%2C-119.31778907775877]%2C[34.289913740379866%2C-119.25127029418945]]%2C"overlays"%3A["plates"]%2C"restrictListToMap"%3A["restrictListToMap"]%2C"search"%3Anull%2C"sort"%3A"newest"%2C"timezone"%3A"utc"%2C"viewModes"%3A["list"%2C"map"%2C"settings"]%2C"event"%3A"ci38229874"}
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Been snowing in my region this past day
Cold-weather records have been broken all around Ottawa yesterday and today.

Oh, and we got 12.8cm of snow yesterday EDIT: and we're expecting 4-6cm more tonight.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
We got only a flurry yesterday, but yeah, it's the first arctic blast of the season here.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
*sigh* Its been rough here. there have been several days where the next one is either 12 degrees hotter or cooler than the day before. Fortunatly, not on the celcius scale, cause that would really be mizerable
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
[Image: u9BwcKV.jpg]
[Image: HWQHXus.jpg]
[Image: bbLRamF.jpg]
*SNERK!!!!!*
NO QUARTER!

Yeah, tired of 50-60F days... diving to the 30s at night... and the occasional day of snow and sub 30F for the high. All around weather whiplash.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
it was 23 degrees at my house at 6am this morning. I LIVE IN F-ING FLORIDA

it didn't get out of the 50's today as a high. Tonight is going to be in the forties, but it's supposed to get colder next week
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

It only got down to 32 here in San Antonio....

...But what really blew chunks was that it didn't get much warmer after the sun came up.

Keep in mind, just before the cold front hit we'd been getting highs in the 70's.

Oh, and there was the possibility of freakin' SNOW in the forecast. WE HAD SNOW JUST TWO YEARS AGO DAMMIT.
Temperatures in the Netherlands: 0-2 degrees low/at night, 6-9 degrees high/during the day, all in Celsius. With a definite chance of rain and high humidity really sucking the warmth out of you.

Not sure how that translates to Fahrenheit, I think from 30's to 50's?
About that, yeah. You can just type "(n) degrees C in F" without quotes into google and it'll convert for you, or the other way around, BTW. And at least some of the time if you put in something like "23.7m in real numbers you commie" it'll spit out an answer in US customary units, though I'm pretty sure it wasn't actually meters I was looking at.
--
‎noli esse culus
This year has been very sewed up to say the least. I am in Wisconsin and in April we got two snow falls. The funny one was the Friday it was in the 60;s and sunny. I do photography at a dirt track here and Friday night that had practice at the track, They cancelled the races on Sat night because of lots of snow the next day. We have also got lots of rain this year and not sure how many nights where called off for rain even a couple of days before a race.
Halloween we had 3 inch's of snow on the ground and cold. Then we have broke all kinds of cold records this week in southern Wisconsin.
a few more weather related pics 8)

[Image: 35jWuk4.mp4]
[Image: 3CFI0CE.jpg]
[Image: KB6U4Ra.jpg]
For the Boston area we have snow forecast starting Sunday (12/1) afternoon and continuing to Tuesday (12/3) morning. This will be our first of the season and may be 9" to 15" total accumulation.
We had a little south of there in the Bridgewater/Brockton area a week or so ago, but only enough to track a cat and obviously it didn't stick around. And people still persist in denying that climate change is happening, somehow.
--
‎noli esse culus
*Sigh*  So, between 11/27 and 12/04 it has rained just about every...  no.  While bunched up, the effect is 4 out of the last 8(ish days)  OH AND YOU EAST COASTERS STOP LAUGHING ALREADY.  *Deep Breath*

Yes.  I know Los Angeles, CA (ie the greater metropolitan area) has such moderate weather the rest of you laugh at us...  but at the moment, those of you who actually have do deal with things like snow, and black ice and other real (expletives deleted) over and above a surplus of precipitation?  right.  Okay what I am dealing with, even if only a shadow of what every one else has to, is trying enough to make me appreciate what those who life in a more severe climate than Los Angeles have to put up with EVERY BLOODY YEAR

ummm... does that make sense to *ANY*one other than me?
NO QUARTER!

<start rant>There is no such thing as climate change. <end rant>

Here let me put the fire on for you poor northern hemisphere folks going through winter atm...

Ok, so that map is a tad out of date... the current map is here At time of posting. 2 out of control fires are about 50 kms away. Fun times.

Today's weather... 40 C with no prospect of rain until at least February. Summer is going to be a scorcher.
Just as I knew all of Life's Answers... they changed all the Questions!!
Quote:
There is one thing you don't put in a trap, if you're smart, if you value your continued existance, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there is one thing you never, ever put in a trap.
And what would that be sir?
Me.
- Dr Who