Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oxygen Not Included
Oxygen Not Included
Has anyone else played this game yet?

I haven't played KSP, but this, I imagine, is what KSP would be like if it had a sole focus on building up a thriving colony in space, especially since the devs (a company called Klei) have worked very hard to make the physics as real as possible.

And yes, it is incredibly Kerbal.

Here, have a release trailer!

EDIT: Oh, and it's on sale on Steam until December 2nd - 33% off, putting it at a wallet-friendly $16.74.
RE: Oxygen Not Included
I have played it. It's very much a survival colony builder with a quirky and somewhat irreverent sense of humour.

Having also played KSP, I can tell you that aside from the genre there's a few definite and substantial differences between these games.

For one, unless you save extensively ONI is much less tolerant of errors of judgement and planning than KSP is, and slower to recover.

But if you like a decently complex colony builder that requires some definite planning and foresight to get things going well... it's a good game. And its sense of humour, while not the same as KSP, is of a similar vein.
RE: Oxygen Not Included
Yeah, I've been noticing that for all it's fun quirkiness, ONI is very much Hard Mode, even on its easy settings.