Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fourth Amendment? What's that?
Fourth Amendment? What's that?
The Register: Trump Administration fast-tracks compulsory border facial recognition scans for all US citizens
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Fourth Amendment? What's that?
Wow, for US citizens. There's always been something of a double standard between US citizens and not, but this is a tremendous stride forward for equality.

Also, I wouldn't trust the USA to handle sensitive identity data on a good day, so...
article Wrote:“Travelers, including US citizens, should not have to submit to invasive biometric scans simply as a condition of exercising their constitutional right to travel,” said its senior policy analyst Jay Stanley in a statement

uh, nothing invasive here, its facial recognition, it a damn PICTURE!

and i dont really trust ANY government with sensitive identity data, however, since they are the ones to issue it, it is kind of a moot point
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

(12-05-2019, 06:49 AM)Rajvik Wrote:
article Wrote:“Travelers, including US citizens, should not have to submit to invasive biometric scans simply as a condition of exercising their constitutional right to travel,” said its senior policy analyst Jay Stanley in a statement

uh, nothing invasive here, its facial recognition, it a damn PICTURE!

Considering how few people on various forums including this very forum - including yourself - use a photo of himself or herself as a forum icon, that view just might possibly be not shared by the majority.

(12-05-2019, 06:49 AM)Rajvik Wrote: and i dont really trust ANY government with sensitive identity data, however, since they are the ones to issue it, it is kind of a moot point

Governments do not issue facial features, or fingerprints, or blood types.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
In the era of pervasive social media, it's easy to say the idea that your face is private is at best falling by the wayside.
--
‎noli esse culus
That isn't an excuse for a government to ignore its own Constitution.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
What I'm saying is that of the idea of what is invasive is changing, it's not a surprise to see government happily taking advantage of it to grab more avenues to project authority. It's not like private industry is being shy about grabbing new ways to track and target advertising using the same means...
--
‎noli esse culus