Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Just read the new bit. Ironically, I could probably have recognised the Boomers myself (I've long been a fan of Bubblegum Crisis, had it on VCR tape, and got in on the DVD kickstarter a few years back) My knowledge of newer Anime/manga tends to be hit or (mostly) miss, but I watched a bunch of the older stuff.

"fracking hell, Boomers. Okay, so I wonder which of the big bads are running them? Quincy would more likely to try to rebuild GENOM and is pretty damn old to start with., Madigan I'm not sure I could predct how she'd act. Mason I could see leading off with an attack expecting an easy victory, worst case scenario is definitely Largo. At least none of these 3 were Fusion models."

I'd probably dig out some images to show both C models tearing out of their 'human disguises' and Mason's fembot assassins. Oh and what a fusion capable boomer can do.
(04-05-2020, 02:08 PM)Norgarth Wrote: Just read the new bit.  Ironically, I could probably have recognised the Boomers myself (I've long been a fan of Bubblegum Crisis, had it on VCR tape, and got in on the DVD kickstarter a few years back)  My knowledge of newer Anime/manga tends to be hit or (mostly) miss, but I watched a bunch of the older stuff.

"fracking hell, Boomers.  Okay, so I wonder which of the big bads are running them? Quincy would more likely to try to rebuild GENOM and is pretty damn old to start with., Madigan I'm not sure I could predct how she'd act.  Mason I could see leading off with an attack expecting an easy victory, worst case scenario is definitely Largo.  At least none of these 3 were Fusion models."

I'd probably dig out some images to show both C models tearing out of their 'human disguises' and Mason's fembot assassins. Oh and what a fusion capable boomer can do.

Oh yeah.  Fusion Boomers = Bad News(tm).  I remember all too well what happened to the abandoned water park.

EDIT: And that was just with ONE of those suckers.
Ah, combat bumas.  What fun.  We do know from Dance of Shiva that a transformed sailor senshi is tougher than an average boomer, so I'm not too worried about Ami.

Quote:"Oh, fuck."
OMG did Ami just say that?  What a potty mouth!

BA Wrote:I remember all too well what happened to the abandoned water park.
I forgot about that place!  Man, that platform has been abandoned since before Mugen Gakuen collapsed.  Something about the church running out of budget.

Random thought of the day: I wonder if Tyrian Callows would get along with the Reavers?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Reavers would eat that dude for breakfast. That is, if he didn't become a Reaver himself.
(04-08-2020, 04:03 AM)Labster Wrote: Ah, combat bumas.  What fun.  We do know from Dance of Shiva that a transformed sailor senshi is tougher than an average boomer, so I'm not too worried about Ami.

Quote:"Oh, fuck."
OMG did Ami just say that?  What a potty mouth!

I'm afraid Accelerator's been a bad influence on her... Smile
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Heh. Consider the following: Rei and Benjamin have regular meet ups now since they regard each other as siblings of a sort. Ben is a Sailor.

The next time Rei's father shows up on her birthday, she's going to set his ears on fire, and all without having to cast a single spell. (Although someone might jokingly call such a feat "Profane Ignition". heh-heh-heh.)
I should now have more time to write, yay. The short explanation is that the person who was causing me grief at work (unintentionally, not from malice): he's going to be reassigned. We finished our big project with him, and now we get to work on the things we should have been working on. I spent a lot of my political capital to do this -- let's say 50% -- and I'm quite happy I didn't spend >100% of it. What this means is I'm not going to be so stressed out, which means I can actually write.

Not that it's easy to have the right mood for slice of life with the world falling apart and all. But still an improvement, enough to make progress. "Channeling Mana" is at 43kB. Probably less than half done.

You can tell I've been out of it because I totally missed the "Ami swearing like a sailor" joke that was right in front of me the entire time.
Personally, I think that joke would have gone better with Sailor Neptune.

Just sayin'. Wink
(04-13-2020, 10:08 PM)Labster Wrote: You can tell I've been out of it because I totally missed the "Ami swearing like a sailor" joke that was right in front of me the entire time.

I'm not proud - I'll steal that.

Teaser for the next instalment:
Quote:Three hours later, Ami regretted swearing like a sailor earlier in the day - that left her with nothing stronger to use when she realized what she was looking at.

(04-13-2020, 11:26 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Personally, I think that joke would have gone better with Sailor Neptune.

Just sayin'. Wink

Well, she wasn't there... Smile
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
We're gonna need to get Sydney to pop on by for a visit. She can teach the others far better than I.

https://grrlpowercomic.com/archives/comi...2-oh-snap/
Since everybody is showing up here eventually, when do we see Jenny Everywhere?

I don't have plans for her... yet...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
pfft, She was here beforehand, and is wondering why so many people are stealing her shtick.
Literal LOL on that comment - so we have to do it.

EDIT: I'll put her in Live Oaks Manor for now, along with the other dimensional shifters and time travellers.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Sure, but I was going to have two other dimensional travelers in LA. When the show was cancelled, OA and HAP had just quantum leaped into their own actors... on the TV set for the show. Um, spoilers. And what would the metacontinuity be without a bunch of meta?
... I have absolutely no idea what you are referencing there Labster

Who are OA and HAP and what show are they from?
The OA. It’s on Netflix, and it’s trippy.
(04-19-2020, 02:25 PM)robkelk Wrote: Literal LOL on that comment - so we have to do it.

EDIT: I'll put her in Live Oaks Manor for now, along with the other dimensional shifters and time travellers.

Hmmmmm... She was in the continuity before it became the Metacontinuity, and Live Oaks didn't have a manager yet... Two birds with one stone. Jenny's now the residence manager at Live Oaks.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(04-19-2020, 07:30 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 02:25 PM)robkelk Wrote: Literal LOL on that comment - so we have to do it.

Hmmmmm... She was in the continuity before it became the Metacontinuity, and Live Oaks didn't have a manager yet... Two birds with one stone. Jenny's now the residence manager at Live Oaks.

Snrrrk.

Fun thought: the whole thing happens so quickly for her that by the time she's got her first residents, she's just standing their with a dear in the headlights look on her face before she goes, "Okay, what the HELL just HAPPENED!?"
(04-19-2020, 05:40 PM)Labster Wrote: The OA. It’s on Netflix, and it’s trippy.
Unfortunately, I do not have Netflix.
(04-20-2020, 12:05 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 07:30 PM)robkelk Wrote:

Snrrrk.

Fun thought: the whole thing happens so quickly for her that by the time she's got her first residents, she's just standing their with a dear in the headlights look on her face before she goes, "Okay, what the HELL just HAPPENED!?"

Sure, why not? That's now in her wiki writeup.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(04-21-2020, 11:45 AM)In the COVID-19 Check-In thread, Star Ranger4 Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 05:57 PM)Dartz Wrote: I'm not.

Still working. Still breathing. But all signs of life left long ago.

Done an Akio Ohtahori on us?

Okay... Everyone be on the lookout for a young child with pink hair.  We need to find her and love her and give her sword lessons.

Find her: Check.

Love her: Check.

Who gets to give sword lessons to Chibi-Usa? Besides Sailor Venus, that is.

What? C'mon, who else has pink hair around here? (looks at Signum, Madoka, human-form Entchen, Washuu-chan ... okay, now we're getting to the redheads) And needs sword lessons? (Signum could give them...)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
<causing trouble by quoting another thread>...Pinkie Pie?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
* Labster subtly ignores Bob's comment

Entchen currently has yellow plumage, not pink hair, but nice try.

And please, please, don't give sword lessons to Wapiko.

I guess I should finish that Utena-related story fragment.  And Rob, did you read that other story fragment I sent to you?
Anytime someone mentiones MLP, I think of Findus pancakes.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(04-22-2020, 05:01 PM)Labster Wrote: ...  And Rob, did you read that other story fragment I sent to you?

Read and replied, not that I had much to say.

(Be happy - you got a reply the same week that I got the email. It's been so busy at work...)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown