Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grieving
Grieving
My mother passed away this week at 72, having outlived her doctor's prediction by 4 months.

She died from congestive heart failure, surrounded by her children, having survived from her 51st wedding anniversary through the holidays.

The severity of her CHF was essentially a side effect of her long-term dialysis (10 years worth) while waiting for a kidney transplant. And she was number two on the local waiting list for most of it, as her transplant surgeon... was more concerned with his rep and record of perfect surgeries refusing to operate because of her high BMI, which was... a side-effect of why she needed it. She eventually got her transplant at the Jacksonville Mayo Clinic, and her transplant was still working, it was just her heart couldn't pump the fluids where they needed to go.

Just had to vent.
RE: Grieving
(01-06-2020, 02:37 AM)Foxboy Wrote: My mother passed away this week at 72, having outlived her doctor's prediction by 4 months.

And she was number two on the local waiting list for most of it, as her transplant surgeon...

Just had to vent.

wait, what?  Your making it sound like YOU were the doctor in question Foxboy...  Am I really right?  cause at the moment I am not so sure.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
For whatever it may mean from some random dude on the internet, my condolences and best wishes for you and yours, Foxboy.
--
‎noli esse culus
Losing family is never easy.

Even when you have warning, and they are living on borrowed time.

My condolences on your loss Foxboy. Take your time. We will be here when you return.
It's been close to three years since my mother passed away; I know what you're feeling, Logan. My sympathies.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Likewise. It's never easy to lose a loved one.

And that doctor who wanted to keep a perfect record should be mentioned to the local press.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
My condolences.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
I regret your loss.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
My sincere condolences.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Sorry for your loss. I understand your frustrations with the medical system.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I appreciate the kind words.

Quote:wait, what? Your making it sound like YOU were the doctor in question Foxboy... Am I really right? cause at the moment I am not so sure.

Not the doctor, just awkwardly worded. "as" instead of "because" etc. A New England-ish turn of phrase iirc.
Oh. Okay, now I feel really dumb.
NO QUARTER!

lost my mom the same way almost 4 years ago now, damn doc said they would just drain some of the fluid off when i suggested dialysis because my stepfather's brother had gone the same way not quite a year prior to that, they drained her the morning after i got her settled in the hospital, and she died that night with no one there because i had errands to run and she told me not to worry about coming by that night.

i wont say it gets better, or easier, but i will say that mostly you'll look back and remember more of the good times than the bad, or the end.
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

I am sorry for your loss Fox, even if you knew it was coming for some time, still it was a miracle in itself that your mom outlived the prediction for so long. Still its always a painful story to lose a loved one.
(01-06-2020, 11:41 PM)Terrenceknight Wrote: I am sorry for your loss Fox, even if you knew it was coming for some time, still it was a miracle in itself that your mom outlived the prediction for so long. Still its always a painful story to lose a loved one.

Concur.  Now that I'm over the embarrassment that my initial incorrect impression caused, I have to say that while it hurts Foxboy lost his mother (a landmine I have yet to face) I am seeing it as his mother spending all those years saying (explitve deleted) organized medicine that only cares about one's reputation.

This woman survived the worst the profession could throw at her.  Something to celebrate, even as we mourn the loss of such a fighter.
NO QUARTER!

My condolences. When my dad died, I'd been expecting it for a while, but not so soon, if you get what I mean.
That's painful and it sucks and I'm sorry it happened Fox.
-Now available with copious trivia!
Very sorry to hear it, Fox.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
I'm sorry for your loss, Fox.  My condolences.
The Roman Rule:  The one who says it cannot be done should
                 never interrupt the one who is doing it.
    -- BSD fortune file