Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sweet mhary mother of Jaysus...
sweet mhary mother of Jaysus...
yeah, I know no one here is guilty of this, except on the receiving end...

ANYWHO...  (and yeah, Bob, feel free to delete this when you see it?)

spent the last 3? 4? days chatting with someone.  then, in the last 2-3 hours the whole context, and the way they typed changed.  And this person both a) did not understand that I was AWARE of this,and b) would call them on this apparent substitution?  

*sigh*

and people wonder why I no longer trust the Interwebs

(wanders off in frustration.  Maybe I can write?)
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
RE: sweet mhary mother of Jaysus...
...Why would I delete this? If anything I'd just move it over to General as it's not terribly much about anyone's fanfic.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
feel free to do so, bob. Even later I will only feel embarrassed, even if right at the moment I feel frustrated?
NO QUARTER!

Could be as simple as the other person having a bad day? Unless it's something like a tech support chat I'm not sure why you'd jump to "now it's a different person using the same ID." I suppose it could be someone's evil sibling/room mate/etc. too... so I guess generally what I'm saying is that if the previous interactions were positive, give them some time and see if there's a better explanation than malicious action, on their own part at least.
--
‎noli esse culus
I jumped to that conclusion CD, because of a sudden DRASTIC decrease in use of spelling and grammar. the sort of thing that, as you say, is from someone else (at the moment I am feeling like a very THUGGISH someone else) coming home and seeing an open and unlocked system.

To the point where I am regretting deleting the whole conversation so I could cut and paste it so others could see the really drastic change I have been swearing about. cause... welll... pics or chat copy or it is just my word against theirs?
NO QUARTER!

((Moving to General))
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I've done that to people before.

You can tell when I've been drinking.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
spell check has always been my friend when i get pissed down in the political threads it makes me take a second look at what i've been writing.

(the American meaning of the word not the British one)
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Yeah, Guys. I want to try and point out a lot of other little things that left me suspicious from the start, but the exasperation of the initial post... those feeling were the ones I really needed to vent.

I am reminded of a book I lost years ago... one that basically happens at a Convention. The POV character is walking down the hall, past a group of gamers. One of them is wearing a button that says "I am *NOT* stupid, I am *NOT* expendable; I am *NOT GOING!*" That is kind of what I felt over this whole thing from the moment I was first contacted.

Thanks for listening, everyone, and my apologies to Bob for starting this in the wrong forum.
NO QUARTER!

Everybody needs to vent once in a while. No worries, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, yes: in case you're curious about where that line came from:

I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.
-- Avon, Blake's 7, "Horizon"
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(01-19-2020, 05:01 PM)robkelk Wrote: -- Avon, Blake's 7, "Horizon"

Well, isnt that just a kick in the...  Managed to ignore get another group of fen there. 

(Points down at the FenSpace Forum.  Apparently Blake's 7 and Firefly have similar themes and memes).
NO QUARTER!

Another period of....  Oh it doesn't matter.  something that created a deep need to write something that wasn't fanfiction.  attached, so that if anyone really cares they can read.

.docx   sr4.journal.docx (Size: 30.09 KB / Downloads: 9)
NO QUARTER!

will read shortly, may comment
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

*attaches file and SKULKS away*

Attached Files
.docx   journalexcertp0215.docx (Size: 29.54 KB / Downloads: 1)
NO QUARTER!