Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drabbles
Drabbles
Huntresses: (RWBY x Worm)

This isn’t my ceiling, Ruby Rose thought flatly as her eyes finally focused on the ceiling of the room above her. Looking to her left she could see the rest of her team, all of them laid out beside her, covered in blankets on a carpeted floor. Slowly looking around the room she saw all their weapons except Ember Celica against the wall below their feet, and to her right was an older, dark haired man who was asleep upright with a teenage girl with her head in his lap, also asleep. Slowly she sat upright herself, taking in herself and the entirety of the room. It wasn’t a large room, but it was comfy, a couch that was occupied by the man and the teen, a bookshelf full of titles that she couldn’t see from her current position, a standing lamp, an easy chair, and a window. Quietly she got up and went to the window to look outside and stopped, eyes going wide at what she saw. “The moon,” she whispered to herself, “it’s WHOLE!”
“Finally,” Armsmaster said as he was winding down his weekly report. “A new independent hero team has started operations in the docks.”

“A whole team?” Emily Piggot asked, sitting forward in her chair, attention peeked. “We usually find the odd loner out operating independently, not whole teams. How would you get a whole team together under the radar like that?”

“It’s possible that it was a group trigger,” Armsmaster answered stoically. “They all show at least two to three of the same powers, low to mid-level mover/brutes. While observing them however, I also noticed blaster, breaker, master or maybe a shaker ability, as well as indications of either a thinker or tinker.”

“Sweet lord,” Dauntless said not quite under his breath before asking, “How many on the team?”

“At least five,” the tinker replied. “And of the five that are in the field, one is a brute even above the standard of the rest and maybe a dyna-kinetic to boost it even further, another is a mover/breaker while the third is a shaker/blaster and the fourth either just a shaker or a shaker/master combination depending on how much autonomy her clones have and how long they last.”

“What about the fifth?” Miss Militia asked.

“A master, maybe a master/thinker combination on top of the brute/mover base,” Armsmaster answered. “And while she only seems to control insects and arachnids, she also seems to have a very fine level of control and extended senses over the range of her control.”

“What about the tinker or thinker ability?” Battery asked.

“There is a possibility that the mover/breaker is also a tinker, as she seems to spend an inordinate amount of time and energy fussing over her own, and new weaponry,” the tinker answered. “It apparently happens enough that the rest of the team ribs her about it.” The group of heroes nodded at that and he continued. “However, there might be a second tinker that provides the specialized propellant that the team uses as the girl herself seems to be focused on the mecha-shift weaponry that the team uses.”

“Mecha-shift weaponry?” Miss Militia asked.

“Yes,” Armsmaster answered. “Two-stage, firearm and melee weapons mostly running to blades though one of them is using a cestus and a tinker built synthetic forearm and hand. That said, the dust is what seems to provide the blaster abilities that most of them use and enhance the shaker ability of the third one.”

“So, there is a sixth, unknown member that is a tinker,” Piggot summarized. “What do they produce?”

“Some sort of elemental-effect crystalline about the size of a salt crystal,” Armsmaster answered producing a quartet of small sample bags, each one a different color. “Otherwise the firearm portion of the girl’s weaponry seems to take standard ammunition, though what they might consider standard might be a little heavy by our comparison.”

“How heavy could they be?” Assault asked.

“The mover/breaker is short, slight and looks like she might at best weight in at a hundred pounds,” the tinker answered. “Her weapon of choice is what she calls a sniper-scythe, that is twice as long as she is tall and shoots a 12.7 by 99 round. The weapon, which she named Crescent Rose, has both a long rifle and carbine form while also being able to shoot in its fully extended scythe form.”

As the tinker had continued to speak, the rest of the room had slowly grown more and more horrified if the looks on their faces were anything to go by. Finally though, Director Emily Piggot shook her head and spoke herself. “Armsmaster, what is the likelihood of this team joining the Protectorate?”

“Considering they are all Wards age director, very slim,” Armsmaster answered. “However, they are friendly, conscientious, and fully willing to work with us.”

If the thought of full-grown adults using such heavy weaponry had scared the director, the thought of children using them made her pale even more. “Dear God,” she muttered, “who in their right mind hands a teenager a fifty-caliber sniper rifle?”

“Sniper-scythe ma’am,” Armsmaster corrected, ignoring the withering glare from his nominal superior. “And if what she said is accurate, she built it herself.” Piggot could only bury her face in her hands as Armsmaster smiled. I love new tinkers work. he thought.
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

RE: Drabbles
(01-30-2020, 09:27 PM)Rajvik Wrote: Huntresses: (RWBY x Worm)

“Finally,” Armsmaster said as he was winding down his weekly report. “A new independent hero team has started operations in the docks.”

Dammit Rajvik!  The only reason I don't have more damage to my nasal passages is because your not the first to do that.  Yes, I know everyone else here is about to chime in and say I should know better, but for the record I didn't expect the spanish inquisition when I popped in as a break on working on my own present story!

Also for the record, I just finished Worm, and am starting through Ward.  But given you are referring to Armsmaster and not Defiant puts it early in that work's timeline.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Hm, their having a supply of Dust is really the only part that makes me wonder about that one - awakening Aura in Taylor is well within RWBY lore as long as Bet humans are assumed to be functionally equivalent on whatever level is involved, but unless Remnant got nommed by the Entities in a previous cycle and the huntress team are actually projections or something, a Shard shouldn't know how to make it and unless it's one of the more recent (meaning, from later than any of the fanfic I've read drew from, as the Miku Miku Dance grade animation bugs me too much to actually watch the show) revelations RWBY folks definitely don't.
--
‎noli esse culus
Classicdrogn

or Armsy is assuming they have ample supplies of dust, it is a possibility
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Also possible of course, but if that's the case they should be worried enough about running out to not be going wild with their use, and hesitant to provide samples as well. It's not like their auras and melee-form weapons alone don't provide significant levels of combat power in Earth Bet terms, and against human enemies in a setting that bends over backward to obey superhero conventions where they aren't being specifically subverted waving firearms around means you're an antihero at best and more likely a well-intentioned extremist if not outright villain. The Protectorate and PRT seeming to be even sort of okay with that is something I chalked up to accommodating the crossover in the setting, but then perhaps the "elemental blaster" aspect making the guns less nastybad and more superhero-y is why they're using notable amounts of Dust despite a finite supply, if that's the case, and providing samples justified by hoping Tinker analysis will be able to identify or synthesize a substitute.
--
‎noli esse culus
... Not sure I agree with your point here CD?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
nah ranger, Drogn is hitting it pretty squarely on the head, though they did arrive with a significant supply. They're pulled effectively from the start of season 6 tail end of season 5 so they could have packed heavy to ride the train,
Currently writing BROBd

Well, I suppose that's one way to prevent Salem from acquiring all 4 Relics, dump one on another planet.