Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC] Super-reserved characters
[OOC] Super-reserved characters
I've noticed that the number of characters reserved to being in the social circles of particular SIs (i.e., each building's resident displacees) is probably larger than the number of characters that a particular writer wants to focus on. Which is okay, as far as I'm concerned... as long as everybody knows who the "super-reserved" characters are.

Here's my list:
  • Akemi Zimmerman
  • Ami Mizuno
  • Hyoga Kazakiri
  • Mii Konori
  • Rei Misaka
  • Rob Donaldson

If somebody does something life-affecting to any of them without consulting with me first, I'll treat the story as non-canonical.

If somebody does something life-affecting to somebody else at Blossom Apartments without consulting with me first, I'll run with it.

Who's on the other writers' lists?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: [OOC] Super-reserved characters
I’ll have to give it some thought before I can provide a comprehensive list for my end, but right away I can easily say Benjamin, Nanoha, Fate, and Alicia.

I’ll have more once I can give it a bit more thought.
Yeah, this whole concept seems a little strange to me.  It's not that I wouldn't ask without using, because that's collaboration, but we're writing fanfiction here.  The characters already belong to someone else.  I gotta side with Aleister here insofar as "do what thou wilt".  So long as it's the true will, we're all good.

Still, I will make a list.  Sorry, this one might be a little weirder than you expect.

Tomoyo Daidouji
Sakura Kinomoto
Sonomi Daidouji
Entchen (alias Ahiru alias Duck)
Layla Hamilton
Juri Arisugawa
Nanami Kiryuu
Sugata Shindou
Salem

This is not so much a list of characters I want to focus on, so much as a list of characters that I want to go through me because I understand them well.  I mean, like obviously Tomo and Yomi are a big deal, but I think you have them down, and Tomo is nothing if not arbitrary or willing to incite things.  My SI is kind of the same, y'know?  Akari has an arc too, but she's terribly simple to write.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Thanks, BA and Brent.

Sometimes we don't ask because it's obvious what a character would do in a situation - Yomi gets upset about Tomo's antics, Ayeka and Ryoko squabble but join ranks if a third person shows interest in Tenchi, Jayne thinks with his reptile-brain, and so on. I admit to borrowing Washuu without asking first, using "of course she'd act that way" as a justification.

The characters that I listed are the ones that I plan to focus on over the entire series - Akemi especially since she's a new character who can't exist in any setting that doesn't have both Starfleet and Senshi - so I'm overprotective of them. My apologies if I upset anyone with this.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown