Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi From sunny Miami
Hi From sunny Miami
Not dead, not completely rum soaked, but...  
JUst thought to drop all a post since I was so tied up in pre trip stuff, including having to un bugger my laptop the night before didn't really have time to post or anything.

Now, on to Cape Canaveral and Disneyworld
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
RE: Hi From sunny Miami
Enjoy!
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I did, very much. Today was mostly the Cape Canaveral Rise to space tour; right now the longest tour in the portfolio there at around 4 hours. It included stops at both museums on the air station (One of which, the AF Space Museum, is on the site of LC 5&6 where they launched Mercury/Redstone), The Cape Canaveral Lighthouse (along with a refurbished display of historical missiles tested there) LC 14 (Mercury/Atlas) and LC 34 (Apollo 1) We also drove by several other sites where there wasn't much to see such as LC 19 (Gemini) and one who's number escapes me that included silo's for testing that kind of launch. One of the two silos there contains the recovered remains of Challenger.

Lots of photos, some video. not real sure how to share well though.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Imgur so far continues to be a halfway decent image host, though it's slightly unintuitive to me that they've renamed what used to be "albums" simply as "posts." Since I don't in the least care about their social network aspirations and the way albums get embedded anywhere I care about showing things off never works (or even shows up to know what's not working unless I look at a post's bbcode in a reply window) with my script blocking settings that didn't bother me greatly, but it bears mentioning if you're not familiar with using their site.
--
‎noli esse culus