Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March 11 - What a day...
March 11 - What a day...
One year ago today, COVID-19 was declared a pandemic.

Ten years ago today, the Fukushima Daini nuclear power plant was hit by a tsunami.

So, how's everybody's day been?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: March 11 - What a day...
answer unclear. Ask again later
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
I've been in full Shielding isolation for over a year at this point - haven't walked beyond the top of my street in that time. I was never a wild adventurer, so I'm better off then some, but I am starting to fray a little.
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE - God (Douglas Adams)
It's a couple days short of a year since my employers first started implementing work-from-home accommodations to the pandemic. I'm still not sure how to feel about that.

As for today in particular... It's hitting 73F and all the gods-bedamned snow is melting. Nothing could make me happier.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
58 F here in the Bridgewater Triangle, which is useful since the stove pipe is badly clogged with creosote and stubbornly resisting various measures to clear it. It may have to be stuck in the outdoor firepit and burned out.
--
‎noli esse culus
It's also the date of the last show in the three arena - an evening to forget Steve Martin and Martin short. Sat in the audience joking that people had probably died to be there. Had a meal in a nearby restaraunt which wasn't the Mae West but was hopping and the St Patrick's day parade was still going to happen.

A few days later they closed the pubs.

A week later the country was in lockdown.

Here we are, 12 months later.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
As for my day... I got called directly by not my supervisor, not my manager, but my director. Who wanted to know how I do my job. (So that he could tell other people to do the same thing. Whew... But because of the call, I missed a must-attend meeting. At least I had a good reason for missing it.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Tomorrow will be one year since a co-worker, against everyones advice, went on an overseas trip. Monday will be one year since our government declared a state of emergency. I will be giving him appropriate grief on Monday regarding the two months he spent stranded in Peru Smile
I can’t tell you about my day for legal reasons.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Just another day in the life over here.  Already hitting a high of 80 degrees F.  The snowbirds will soon be wandering back up north of the border once again.  Wink