Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politics video madness
RE: Politics video madness

Sorry all, hadnt been refreshing the page properly and missed your concerns. 

And yeah, might be spending more time on YouTube than I should,  can't do as much with my tablet with my computer out of commission
(05-17-2020, 05:53 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 05:29 PM)Dartz Wrote: At least give some goddamned context and opinion. I amn't going to bother watching 30-40 minutes of video unless it promises something worth watching. Unless you tell me why it's just not worth my while.

Since it's come up...

Could we get at least one line of commentary per video, please? Here and in General, both.

I have to agree.  I, too, don't have the time to go through 40+ minutes of videos at a shot on the basis of the four or five words that appear at the top of each one.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Furious FOX host loses it on Trump after he announces he's taking Hydroxychloroquine

Yes, a FOX news anchor felt the need to explicitly state that many tests disproved the idea that Hydroxychloroquine helped against Covid19
No no, I feel the same myself. A lot of these I'm not bothering to watch mainly because 1) not enough time in the day, 2) very little context given, and 3) little actual discussion.
President Trump: "We don't want anyone to do mail-in ballots. Now if somebody has to mail it in because they're sick or, by the way, because they live in the White House and they have to vote in Florida and they won't be in Florida, if there's a reason for it, that's okay."

“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Well, that's pretty standard Republican tactics. I'm surprised he left 'if there's a reason for it' open.

Because, you know, 'pandemic' is a pretty good reason.
One does wonder if his opposition to mail-in ballots includes service members on deployment.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Answering a 5yr old's question  about Coronavirus 

50% of FOX news viewers believe insane Bill Gates conspiracy theory 
Congressman LOSES IT on Repubicans who say "We can't afford" relief in viral speech
YIKES!!! Lindsey Graham Just GOT SMASHED in Perfect Political Ad Using His Own Words Against Him!

Protest outside White House 'Tense but peaceful'

Protests over George Floyd death escalate in LA

Let's talk about a missing takeaway about news interactions this week....
Cops marching in full bodyarmour behind a Humvee. They actually say "Light 'em up" like they think they're in fucking Baghdad or something, pretending to be soldiers occupying the shit out of a place.

I'd imagine actual soldiers would be a little less cavalier.

https://streamable.com/u2jzoo

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Cuomo: Violent Protests allow Trump to tweet about looting rather than murder by a Police Officer

video appears to show NYPD truck plowing through crowd
'Keep your mouth shut', poilice chief responds to Trump

Let's talk about a campfire anaology
An Analysis of Anti-Semitism, but it also touches on other bigotries and recent politics.

Stephen Colbert segment, discussing recent events

Trudeau pauses for 21 seconds before answering question about Trump's response to U.S. protests

new anti-Trump video from The Lincoln Project
Legal Eagle’s reaction to events on Lafayette Square.

Obama to speak at a Townhall at 5:00 pm EST

He got old fast

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Most presidents age rather quickly as a result of the pressures of the job.

Trump, rather tellingly, has not.
Legal Eagle on Patforms, Publishers, and tantrums thrown by the Orange one for being fact checked on Twitter

Legal Eagle's analysis on the George Floyd murder, what charges may apply and why, and why a bystander could not intervene beyond filming what was happening, and what charges may fall on the other officers on the scene:

Warning: may include graphic images.

A couple versions of the Avengers Endgame battle vs Thanos, altered to reference the protests in the US

https://twitter.com/i/status/1268999177536585728
https://twitter.com/i/status/1267539834437898240

Stephen Colbert talking about the protests
This came up in my Youtube recommendations. It's from Australia, but damned if it does not apply to the US too:

a new song from Randy Rainbow song, 'Bunker Boy'

EDIT:
The Damage Report: Trump Leaves GOP Senators Speechless

"Remember when they showed you who they are." (discussing people choosing now to show support of Trump)