• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politics video madness
RE: Politics video madness
Beau of the Fifth Column: Let's talk about Trump's warrants and an inside joke

more Beau: Let's talk about the spirit of the law and order

A few weeks old, Lincoln Project: Warzone
Lincoln Project: Betrayed

Beau of the Fith Column: Let's talk about Trump and new developments about Russia 
Lincoln project  - which side of history

Lincoln Project - Fellow Traveller

Beau of the fifth column: Let's talk about Senate Republicans and a Trump tweet
Beau of the fifth column: let's talk about Trump allies pointing the finger at Sciff over Russia 

The Lincoln Project:  Rushmore
Knowing Better breaks down the origins and evolution of policing and the concept of crime in the United States, and the significance of the Third Amendment to how that plays out in the modern day.

Narrator: This video contains descriptions of violent police altercations and school shootings. Viewer discretion is advised.

“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
MSNBC morning joe: significant chance Trump doesn't run

TYT: European Union bans US travellers 

Lincoln Project: Gettysburg 
Beau of the fifth column - let's talk about why people are moving left 

Lincoln Project  - Historic 
I don't think it's so much that people are moving left myself, as that the right has strapped a bunch of fireworks to their collective ass in a bid to break the sound barrier heading out into the distance. American politics are already so far right that our extreme left would be called centrists in Europe.
--
‎noli esse culus
It's also kinda wrong to say that the left is anti capitalist. Capitalism is great when it comes to organizing an economy. But for the left, the way things tend to go unless guided are a problem, and they try to ensure that everyone profits from it.
(07-05-2020, 03:49 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: I don't think it's so much that people are moving left myself, as that the right has strapped a bunch of fireworks to their collective ass in a bid to break the sound barrier heading out into the distance. American politics are already so far right that our extreme left would be called centrists in Europe.

Not just Europe - Bernie Saunders counts as "a little bit left of centre" in Canada.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
TYT -Trump triggered by BLM mural

The Lincoln Project- Whispers

Beau of the fifth column - Lets talk about Bubba Wallace, Trump, definitions, and deceptions 

The Damage Report - Trump rewrites US history with a  crayon 
The Lincoln Project  - Names

TYT- The Lincoln Project exposed 

Beau of the fifth column  - let's talk about a story out of Mississippi and systemic issues 
I take issue with TYT and their stance against "war mongering".

The trouble with dealing with Russia and China is that they are "Capitol-S" Superpowers.  The only other nation in the entirety of planet Earth that can face them down is the USA.  Any others will need to join a coalition, and even then that's only scratching the surface.

For this reason, we owe a responsibility, not only to our selves, but to the rest of the world as well, to be willing to take up arms against either Russia or China.  Because if we do not?  Well, you get what we've had over the last ten years.

China creating artificial islands to expand their territorial waters.
Russia annexing parts of other countries.

You cannot simply wave a bunch of complaints in their faces and expect them to go, "I'm sorry!" and really mean it.  They're just gonna laugh at you behind closed doors.

You know how you get these ass holes to knock it off?

You park three Carrier Groups outside their front door to remind them who's got the big stick.  And that it swings faster (anywhere in the world in 24 hours) and hits harder than any of their sticks.

That's not simply aggression.  That's diplomacy.

Look, I get it.  They don't like Republicans.

Big.
Fucking.
Deal.

I don't like them much myself, but I fully acknowledge that I'd have to work with them to get things done were I in the Big Chair.  And not every single one of them is a Cruz or a McConnel.  Some of them are human beings still.
Problem with the Republicans is that the guys calling their shots? Those are Cruz's and McConnels.
I too am significantly more pro-military than most Democrats. I wouldn't cut military spending, but I would redirect it away from weapons programs to our actual soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen, and spacemen. (Ugh, can we go back to 4 branches already?) Cut the contractors and start paying the troops again.

Imagine what we could do it we tooled a lot of our military towards disaster response. For instance, Hurricane Maria was a disaster -- why not send in the military, a large deployment, to fix things up? Mobilize food, get power started, restore clean water supplies, steer civil engineering projects. And then apply that everywhere in the world -- you have a huge problem? We show up to help. Suddenly people welcome us rather than shoot at us.

I feel like America got lost in being the world's policeman. Or rather, we're being an American style policeman, whose aim is to beat up the thugs and shoot 'em if they look a little too black. Imagine if we tried world community policing instead, where we show up to help. Didn't plan on this being a pro foreign aid rant, but soft power is real, y'all.

And it's not like we can drop the stick either, that carrier group does make our very real presence known.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
To be honest, I'd like to have just as many hospital ships - more versatile and able to handle anything from "refugee crisis" to "pandemic outbreak" - as we have carrier groups.

And a definite yes on canceling contracts to reinvest in the people who are our "boots on the ground", whatever branch of service they're in.  Actually invest in technology - not even advanced stuff, just the simple shit that even civvies have access to! - that will make the lives of servicemen actually simpler and easier!

I have this absolutely wild dream where instead of the Joint Strike Fighter where we tried to make a single fighter plane that can do everything (but in the end, we still wound up with three drastically different aircraft even though they look the same on the outside), we instead designed an entire family of military aircraft, each one designed for a specific role (superiority fighter, interceptor, light bomber, ground assault, EWAR, COM/CON, etc).  And to offset the cost?  Have them share a vast majority of their internal components.  The only unique parts should be the air frames themselves - they should even share the same engines where possible.

(From what I understand, the Russians were good at this sort of thing.  Just look at how the MiG fighters really hit their stride during the Korean War.)

Yeesh.  The way things are now are so messed up.  They try to shuffle people in and out of the service as quickly as possibly.  Forget about investing in people!  If you don't work out, they'll have another fresh-faced recruit that hardly knows what they're doing taking your place in no time!  Because that's how we roll now! </s>
Last I checked the USA has FEMA, which has among its duties the sort of disaster response you are talking about. Properly funding and leading that would have the same effect as tooling the military towards disaster response, and it doesn't require shifting the military's job and possibly causing complications that way. The most support the military might have to give is by the US Army Corps of Engineers and bases providing cargo handling if that's done properly.

And while I get your point with the Joint Strike Fighter, shifting technology has shifted combat roles. The level of performance granted by high quality engines, computers and guided munitions have either obsoleted or conflated most air combat roles. Quite simply, the heavy bomber role is largely obsolete, while the performance envelopes of an aircraft designed for the superiority fighter role and the interceptor roles aren't that different that the same aircraft can't fulfill both of those just as well as two different aircraft, and perform excellently in the light bomber and EWAR roles as well. Ground support and COM/CON are sufficiently different that they'd require different aircraft, as would a number of other roles, but that's about it.

And frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the mercenary community considered the US military a free vocational school and proving ground for new staff.
Ring of Fire - Trump is already making excuses for his likely November defeat 

The Lincoln Project - Law and Order

Beau of the fifth column - Let's talk about music, a theme for 2020, and them hearing us now...
The Lincoln Project - One Day

VoteVets - Traitor Ad
Beau of the Fifth Column - Lets talk about Fauci, Trump, and a wall...

Republican Voters Against Trump - one of a number of videos of ordinary Republican's talking about why they are against Trump

Lincoln Project - FOX and Fiends
Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about opening schools, talking points, teachers, and counting...

The Lincoln Project - Walk of Courage

Republican Voters Against Trump - Trump is using us
Steven Colbert monologue - GOP Lawmakers Set To Skip Trump's Convention In Jacksonville As Florida's Covid Numbers Spike
The Lincoln Project - Fauci

Beau of the Fifth Column - Lets talk about The Lincoln Project and manipulating Trump...

Cop fired after sharing support for Black Lives Matter
Legal Eagle analysis on SCOTUS case Re: Trump’s taxes:
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
The Lincoln Project - Story Hour

Steven Colbert - Trump's secrative Covid Data-Grab overshadows good news about a promising vaccine