Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 Check-in Thread
RE: COVID-19 Check-in Thread
Another Discord user. I'm watching more servers than I can count without having to go to two-handed binary, but I'm only really active in a handful of them (As N Approaches Infinity, Bare Squadron and its ALN spin-off, Milliways crackchat*, Onyx Path, and two different Universal Studios fanservers).

* Actually my first, after AIM ceased to serve our purposes.
No change in my status.

----
F.O.G.E.Y.Fifties and Older Generation ... Enemies of the Young — the extremist wing of the Gray Panthers
Heh. I'd have almost said the same, but... na. the Ottowa gang makes 3.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Popped in and noticed this thread. I'm mostly doing well. I say mostly because not long after getting a message from my dentist's office about drastically cutting their hours I managed to break a crown. Yay.

I do get to feel a bit of vindication though. A few years ago I actually got teased for thorough hand washing that included scrubbing between the fingers. And what's one of the things in those hand washing bulletins besides doing it for longer than most people do? Washing the spots people tend to forget, like between the fingers.

Thankfully Arizona so far is one of the lighter hit areas and our governor finally got embarrassed into taking action before that changes (and I'll stop there since this isn't the right forum).
Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
I'm still doing fine in my third week of work from home. I don't anticipate being back in the office before May 4 at the earliest. 
Thankfully my D&D group, which has been running since 1983, has been using online tools for more than six years now so I don't have to forego that.

Kilroy
OK, it's been a week(-ish) and nothing has really changed for me.  So this is my hopefully regular check-in.
Checking in. Still working. (Fast casual restaurant)
"Some people are the apple of your eye. Others are just a pie in your face. Apples, maaan. Stick with them." -- Pascal (Animal Crossing: New Horizons)
Still kicking.

Still working.

Parents getting better.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Good to hear, Dartz, all of it.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Checking in from work. Still here.
Still present.
I'm doing science and I am still alive.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Two weeks since restrictions started here in Victoria, Australia. Actually managed a full two weeks of work, and even some overtime, although at this point, the business will be going into hibernation on Tuesday. There are local cases, but the number is low and I haven't had any indicators my luck has run out yet. In the meantime, I take it easy at home.
Still alive here.
So the government in Ontario posted their assessment of how this could go in Ontario. It's pretty bleak, even if we get everything right.

Anyone expecting this will be a "one and done" flu should really read this, and buckle in. It's going to be an ugly ride, I suspect.

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/68...4-2020.pdf
Its been about a week since my last check-in.

Still alive... or gotten really really good at building AIs. (So lets take the first option. Tongue )

Never been busier doing stuff. So miss that holiday I was planning.
Still here. Volunteered to start assisting in the University Covid lab (data entry/initial sample processing), go in for training on Monday. Updating my HIPAA training this weekend.

RMH
Still ticking along here. The weather isn't keeping people indoors as it should, unfortunately. While I was taking my brother to the Shelter tonight, there were no fewer that three major accidents on the freeway - one of them necessitating a full shut-down of the upper deck of Southbound I-35 in the downtown area because apparently there was a huge fuel spill involved.
Still here. Trumpy is being a bigger dick than usual, proving I guess who our friends really are. I really hope he isn't expecting Canada to be friendly after this is all over.

(For those who aren't in the know, 3M is one of only two manufacturers in North America who make the N95 medical mask. That mask is made of a special blend of wood pulp produced exclusively in Canada. That company in Canada has agreed to double its normal output in order to meet 3M's unprecedented demand for masks. No sooner have we started to do that, however, when Cheeto Christ decides to invoke the Defense Production Act, forbidding 3M from selling those millions of masks anywhere but in the continental US. Meanwhile, Ontario is running out of masks, probably later this week. The fury I feel towards that pompous, orange fat-ass is beyond description in the English Language right now, and is not likely to abate anytime soon. I doubt I'm alone in this.)
Still here, still working, still exhausted.
If you're going to send someone to save the world, you might make sure they like it the way it is first.
Still breathing physically easy here. Definitely still way too many people disregarding the "please stay in your areas for exercise" and going to the parks.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
No change.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
I am now Aberrant_Eyes on AO3 (having had to set up an account to keep reading ATOV), so there's a significant risk of my posting something there (probably a Significant Figures tangent). I've also become active again in the ATOV Discord on account of the fic's return.
Checking in. Finally found toilet paper. Not a a grocery store, but at a gas station/convenience store. 4 rolls! I didn't know finding some tp would be such an epic quest.

I want to get a Nintendo Switch to play Animal Crossing, but they are all sold out except for the scalpers. Ebay and Amazon are listing the regular switch between $450 to $700....
"Some people are the apple of your eye. Others are just a pie in your face. Apples, maaan. Stick with them." -- Pascal (Animal Crossing: New Horizons)
Gonna be interesting once this blows over. The prices on a lot of things is gonna take a nosedive because no one will be able to sell anything, otherwise. We're all broke, dagnabsit.