Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April fish - the 2020 thread
April fish - the 2020 thread
Because we really, really need something to laugh about right now.

Unfortunately, too many of the usual folks are in "serious" mode, so I only have one link to share: Erma goes "dark and serious"

Post them if you've got them...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: April fish - the 2020 thread
Apparently, the dev's of one of the games I play...

have really swelled heads about their skills.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
What am I missing on that one?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
All the characters appear to have ginormous heads.
-Now available with copious trivia!
<facepalm>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Jamey Stegmaier of Stonemaier Games has introduced some limited run products for the game publisher's storefront - tongue in cheek but very much real products, the sort of thing I actually appreciate on April 1st, versus what has been the regular, "can't trust a thing you read out there, about ten times more so that the usual internet."

https://stonemaier-games.myshopify.com/p...ying-glass
https://stonemaier-games.myshopify.com/p...candy-eggs
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Journey to the Microcosmos  has put up a video talking about Midi-chlorian. They usually inform and discover microbes and how they affect the world around us.
City of Heroes: Homecoming has a hotfix.

Edit:  The "Take Your Child to Work Day" feature is actually live, not just a mock feature write-up:

.png   Eva_and_child.png (Size: 344.69 KB / Downloads: 117)
-- Bob

Gryphon decided to take EPU's "Gun of the Week" feature in a bit of a different direction, one I'm not sure how to measure. (I think it's coming from 1,118 millicurtises away, but I don't know how far is in parayears.)

http://www.eyrie-productions.com/Grill/G...s/060.html
Mike Pondsmith released a new supplement for Teenagers From Outer Space, for all your fishing needs.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/308...h=71_19470
George Takei posted an April Fool's prank on a variety of social media sites claiming he was selected as the final torchbearer in the 2021 Olympic flame run.

Now wouldn't it be a hoot if they actually asked him to do it?

https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/status/1...1860547586
Given the way we were at StarCon many years ago, when it was still held at the Regency with the Gold Dome... waiting in the lobby while checking in to a hotel room the first morning (I think it was Friday), and George went bounding by to go out have his regular jog, leaving his poor handlers behind, I'd believe he'd still be capable of it, even all these decades after that.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
And Mike and DrivethruRPG are now a bit richer for it, even though Anglers was a free release.
NO QUARTER!

<Quick check at the cover.> You know... That cover is basically a TFOS rendition of the Teen Titans, right?
Mmm...
NO QUARTER!

Say, did Google do anything this year? The Doodle was a serious one about a female pioneer in polio treatment, but I didn't go digging to see if there was a goofy product announcement or anything.
-- Bob

(04-02-2020, 08:21 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Say, did Google do anything this year?  The Doodle was a serious one about a female pioneer in polio treatment, but I didn't go digging to see if there was a goofy product announcement or anything.

Google said they cancelled their usual April 1 joke on account of the current situation.
I missed a couple.

Wikivoyage's Destination of the Month

Astronomy Picture of the Day: asteroid Arrokoth looks like ...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown