Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unwanted Line Breaks
Unwanted Line Breaks
Bob, I'm not sure if it's a browser issue or what, but when I'm doing serial revisions to a post before actually posting it, it will sometimes wind up with double or triple the line breaks it had before.

Here's an example of what I mean:
http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/s...#pid186136
RE: Unwanted Line Breaks
This happens when you use "preview post," and I've encountered the problem on other fora before. I figured it was something to do with not being able to turn scripts off in my potato-mode browser, most likely with how the various buttons and things on the editor are implemented since all that also goes away with scripts turned off. Going to the mode that lets you see and edit tags as plain text may also mitigate the problem, IIRC.
--
‎noli esse culus
I'll see if anyone's reported anything like this on the MyBB support forums, but yeah, it's easier to clean up in the "plain text" mode.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Yeah, I know. It just gets to be a sprockin' pain in the ass and a half when you've got a looooonnng post and you have to go back and remove that many line breaks.
Hey, Bob? Has there been any progress on this? Just had a helluva time with a post in Politics.

It seems to happen when ever you use a font other than the default font, and then use the "Preview Post" button... and then afterwards, the damn things are like cockroaches - they keep reproducing until you get every last one of them!
I haven't followed up on this yet, sorry.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....