Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not how to crowd the pandemic out of the headlines - 22 dead in NS
RE: Not how to crowd the pandemic out of the headlines - 22 dead in NS
Ah, good. Always nice to see it was already an issue being addressed before Dickless decided to make the world a worse place.
You are allowed to have a gun as a status thing. You just aren't allowed to have a functioning gun as a status thing, and making it non-functional involves manipulating the breach and the firing mechanism so it's physically incapable of functioning and requires major repairs to be rendered functional again. It's not just 'remove firing pin'. Getting a gun just in case for 'teh bads' is a non-starter. In case of 'teh bads' actually existing and being a threat to you there's the possibility of hiring a private security firm for bodyguards or police protection until 'teh bads' stop being a problem.

Shooting clubs exist at the sufferance of the government, if the government thinks the shooting club isn't maintaining proper standards its permit may be yanked, there are rules and standards laid out in statute somewhere for this. Weapons permitted are IIRC pistols (single shot per trigger pull, semi automatic permitted) and hunting guns (shotguns and single shot per trigger pull rifles, not sure about semi automatics). This includes older weapons. Forget about owning something like an AR-15 or any other automatic weapon.

Hunting in the Netherlands is never for survival; any hunting is done for sport and for the sake of culling excess wildlife. Culling is always a contentious issue because we have so little nature we try and protect what we do have. The carcasses are to my knowledge never wasted.
(05-03-2020, 11:16 AM)hazard Wrote: Shooting clubs exist at the sufferance of the government, if the government thinks the shooting club isn't maintaining proper standards its permit may be yanked, there are rules and standards laid out in statute somewhere for this.

They're at the link I posted earlier:

(05-03-2020, 08:20 AM)robkelk Wrote: Here's the relevant legislation, on the Department of Justice's website.

Specifically, Sections 54-80 and the relevant Schedules.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Sorry Rob, was referring specifically to Dutch law.
guys, i have specifically not posted on this subject because it belongs in the political thread, if you are going to discuss it, please take it there
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

I don't see anything political about discussing particular countries' laws.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Unless you make it a political issue, Rajvik, this is a discussion of current events and other countries' rational actions.

Also: You have no right to tell someone to move a discussion. You are not the owner of these forums.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
let me point out to all of you that this is a particular hotbutton issue of my own, and quite frankly it is a VERY POLITICAL issue. personally i look at Canadians and most of the other Commonwealth nations with pity. but you disagree with me, ALL OF YOU. that is your choice, and i am trying very hard to respect that choice, but quite frankly i feel you are so very wrong and that you, or your grandchildren will come to regret these decisions at later points.
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Yet you don't care enough about it to start a thread in Politics.

This is a memorial thread. Please stop trying to drag politics into it. You are being disrespectful to the dead - and that is one of my hotbuttons.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
In what way will we regret it?

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Guys!

Take it to Politics, not this thread.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
And if Rob's request is not enough, then mine is an order. If you -- all of you -- don't take it to the Politics board, I will lock this thread and then go looking into the moderation controls I have not up until now ever needed to use.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....